The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Who says I’m not calm? It’s just a point of observation. Going similarly to how last year went though. If we were indeed waiting to make contact with Premiership clubs, that’s half the window away leaving a smaller margin of time to get deals done. 
If you can keep your head whilst all around them are losing there's, you'll be a man my son. (Or something like that).

We need to give them time. Kerr clearly knows what he needs and he'll be working hard to get it. He's not a daft lad. But we've got big constraints so none of it will be easy.

We need patience.

11 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Who says I’m not calm? It’s just a point of observation. Going similarly to how last year went though. If we were indeed waiting to make contact with Premiership clubs, that’s half the window away leaving a smaller margin of time to get deals done. 

There are plenty of irons in the fire ,  he just needs to decide which ones he can retrieve , he has made contact just needs answers , he is in the same boat as every team in the league , nearly every team needs players and yet only 2 have announced anything 

9 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

If you can keep your head whilst all around them are losing there's, you'll be a man my son. (Or something like that).

We need to give them time. Kerr clearly knows what he needs and he'll be working hard to get it. He's not a daft lad. But we've got big constraints so none of it will be easy.

We need patience.

I’m not disagreeing with you, but we’ve been preparing for this window for a while now. Knowing that we’ve lost out on targets that were supposedly done deals or thereabouts maybe wasn’t the best idea in divulging that information on a public forum. 

20 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

We need patience.

Are you Mark Kerr’s spokesperson? Get that birthday caird pish in the bin. 

Are you Mark Kerr’s spokesperson? Get that birthday caird pish in the bin. 

Ok. But I don't think you understand the meaning of the phrase 'birthday caird pish'.

Every transfer window folk start moaning when these deals take time. That's how the world works, and as robbo said, every club is in a similar boat.

There might be a deal or two available early but a) it might not have been the right player for us, or b) we might have been outbid in terms of wages.

Most deals take time.

14 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

There are plenty of irons in the fire ,  he just needs to decide which ones he can retrieve , he has made contact just needs answers , he is in the same boat as every team in the league , nearly every team needs players and yet only 2 have announced anything 

Most teams would normally be fine tuning their squad in January. With injuries, retirement , players potentially leaving and a new manager that doesn’t want to play, our need for players may be somewhat different 

Just now, AyrExile said:

Most teams would normally be fine tuning their squad in January. With injuries, retirement , players potentially leaving and a new manager that doesn’t want to play, our need for players may be somewhat different 

Aye we need 5 I’d say so to hear Kerr saying we will sign 2 possibly 3 is concerning. Hopefully that is just worst case scenario though. 

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

Aye we need 5 I’d say so to hear Kerr saying we will sign 2 possibly 3 is concerning. Hopefully that is just worst case scenario though. 

We got one last week tbf although recalling a youngster from Kilwinning might not what people were hoping for 

1 minute ago, AyrExile said:

We got one last week tbf although recalling a youngster from Kilwinning might not what people were hoping for 

Definitely not. I was meaning players that are ready to walk straight into the starting 11. 

I can’t see anyone else leaving now, not even Doolan. Thistle aren’t bringing him back when they’re desperate to stay up and we can’t let him go unless we’ve a replacement ready to come in. Even Kerr will probably stay registered as a player until the summer.

If we’re hanging about waiting on Premiership clubs coming back then fine. However we can still be working on things in the background getting them ready in preparation for them coming back and also every other club will likely be doing similar. I reckon most clubs will be looking for 2 or 3 players to come in which is the same as us.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I can’t see anyone else leaving now, not even Doolan. Thistle aren’t bringing him back when they’re desperate to stay up and we can’t let him go unless we’ve a replacement ready to come in. Even Kerr will probably stay registered as a player until the summer.

If we’re hanging about waiting on Premiership clubs coming back then fine. However we can still be working on things in the background getting them ready in preparation for them coming back and also every other club will likely be doing similar. I reckon most clubs will be looking for 2 or 3 players to come in which is the same as us.

Docherty

Docherty

I can’t see it personally. He’s been playing well despite his PCA and we’re already looking for someone to step into Kerr’s shoes and another on top of that I’d imagine. Letting Doc go would only weaken us further. Plus I’m not in favour of giving Thistle any help to stay up or try and catch us.

According to AP we have turned down a £10,000 bid from Livingston for Alan Forrest. Also Kerr is hopeful of extending Houston loan deal till the end of the season. I thought it was a season long loan deal. 

Aye I thought so to but looking back to when we announced it we never actually said how long it was.

Can’t see any reason why it wouldn’t be extended tbh.

That bid for Forrest is derisory to say the least and unless we get a loan back it’s definitely not worth it.

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

According to AP we have turned down a £10,000 bid from Livingston for Alan Forrest. Also Kerr is hopeful of extending Houston loan deal till the end of the season. I thought it was a season long loan deal. 

Houston deal up this month , Kerr will not allow anyone to leave if no cover , if he decides to wait to end of season before hanging up boots all the better , if he stays and no one goes 2/3 will be all we could afford 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye I thought so to but looking back to when we announced it we never actually said how long it was.

Can’t see any reason why it wouldn’t be extended tbh.

That bid for Forrest is derisory to say the least and unless we get a loan back it’s definitely not worth it.

Forrest is a tricky one , £10k now or nothing in 4 months !!!!