The Programme

14 hours ago, Steven W said:

Really disappointed to hear my team (Dundee United) won't be producing a match programme this season.

What other teams are going down this route?

And for that matter keen to know what league 1, 2 , and non-league teams in Scotland will be producing one this season (might let it dictate what random games I go to)

Only 3 teams left producing in the championship I believe. 

19 hours ago, Steven W said:

Really disappointed to hear my team (Dundee United) won't be producing a match programme this season.

What other teams are going down this route?

And for that matter keen to know what league 1, 2 , and non-league teams in Scotland will be producing one this season (might let it dictate what random games I go to)

Dumbarton are still doing one, and it made a healthy profit last year. First edition was out for the friendlies versus Hebburn and St Mirren, second one out for the games v ICT and Bonnyrigg this week.

All Sons programmes are available to buy on eBay too. And I'm told that's proving quite popular with folk

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

28 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Dumbarton are still doing one, and it made a healthy profit last year. First edition was out for the friendlies versus Hebburn and St Mirren, second one out for the games v ICT and Bonnyrigg this week.

All Sons programmes are available to buy on eBay too. And I'm told that's proving quite popular with folk

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Very nice covers 👍

Picture taken from the Scottish football programmes & Memorabilia fairs page on Facebook. Most clubs still producing. Dundee United not selling at ground. But available to buy from Curtis sport programmes. Annan Athletic from first league match, Queen's Park online from first league game.

Clubs that are None. Ross County, Airdrieonians, Inverness, Morton, Hamilton, Kelty, Forfar, Stranraer. Most if not all will provide a Teamsheet if you ask. Not sure what Raith Rovers are doing as yet. 

FB_IMG_1690375295375.jpg

On 26/07/2023 at 13:48, atfccfc said:

Picture taken from the Scottish football programmes & Memorabilia fairs page on Facebook. Most clubs still producing. Dundee United not selling at ground. But available to buy from Curtis sport programmes. Annan Athletic from first league match, Queen's Park online from first league game.

Clubs that are None. Ross County, Airdrieonians, Inverness, Morton, Hamilton, Kelty, Forfar, Stranraer. Most if not all will provide a Teamsheet if you ask. Not sure what Raith Rovers are doing as yet. 

FB_IMG_1690375295375.jpg

Edinburgh City seem to have bizarre arrangement where they are putting it online and can then buy a printed copy at the following game. Not much use if you don’t go every week or are an away fan. 

10 hours ago, Crow said:

Edinburgh City seem to have bizarre arrangement where they are putting it online and can then buy a printed copy at the following game. Not much use if you don’t go every week or are an away fan. 

I think costs maybe an issue with them. One guy puts it together, and they sell about 50 according to the guy I spoke to. I emailed them asking for a printed copy. But they have yet to get back to me. Maybe a solution could be to put them on sale along with advance tickets and pick up at the game. Advertise it online before hand.

I remember Clyde did this when Crowds were first let back in during COVID. Intended the match against Kilmarnock at Broadwood. 

• 3 weeks later...

Australia Cup Round of 16 Metro Stars v Inter Lions. Free issue from Adelaide side Metro Stars. 16 pages, full colour, 3 full page ads, 2 pages with club sponsor logos. Unusual in South Australia nowadays.

IMG_9727.jpeg

Broxburn Athletic v Lochee United, 02/09/23

Very impressive and excellent value for £2. Good quality paper/printing. Lots of content, including: 

- president's and manager's updates

- today's opposition

- photos from 2 recent matches (4 pages)

- meet the volunteers interview

- player interview 

- articles on 100 years ago, past programme (v Lochee United), and 1924/25 cup run + copy of newspaper report from 1975/76

- non-league round up

- local amateur football review

- report by The Grey Haired Groundhopper

20230904_220833.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

In case anyone interested in the east of the country and not aware, there is a programme/memorabilia fair in Edinburgh this Sunday.

Don’t think I’ll head along as wrong side of town for me, but might be of interest to some.  Appear to be a few special guest including one of the vlogger lads (I enjoy some of the football blogging videos but probably don’t want a go-pro stuck in my face at a programme fair 🤣).

698FE2CB-3192-411D-B772-D41D17B78DE7.png

• 1 month later...