The Programme

I had zero expectation of a programme at Edinburgh Uni v Cowdenbeath yesterday, but they had a wee 4 pager programme/team sheet at no charge in the tea bar.  Lovely people at Peffermill as well.

Has anyone been to a programme fair recently? I’ve got back into programmes recently after a long time of little interest, and noticed a while back there was a fair in Edinburgh today. However, my daughter’s football ran way over and just couldn’t get to it in time, try to get there next time.  

I remember going to fairs when I was a teenager above the Playhouse in Edinburgh, and even went through to a really big one in the Mclellan galleries in Glasgow with my Dad.

90423929-F44A-4DCE-919D-2FC044742D0E.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Jute said:

Wish I had known about the fair today. Would have got me out of doing stuff round the house. 

Oh man sorry, never thought to mention it on here. It was apparently in the wee bowling club just behind the Commonwealth Pool 10am to 2pm. I would never have got there until about 1.30 so didn’t want to pitch up that late.  If I see any in the future will post on here.

Edinburgh Uni are very consistent programme issuers. Only 4 pages these days it used to be more but still good to get something. 

I made it along today to the programme fair it was really good and the organisers seemed happy with the turnout. It was the first programme fair in Edinburgh for 15 years. Could see it bring an annual thing at Parkside Bowling Club. Great to see the hobby still alive and kicking. 

Edited by Crow

13 hours ago, Crow said:

Edinburgh Uni are very consistent programme issuers. Only 4 pages these days it used to be more but still good to get something. 

I made it along today to the programme fair it was really good and the organisers seemed happy with the turnout. It was the first programme fair in Edinburgh for 15 years. Could see it bring an annual thing at Parkside Bowling Club. Great to see the hobby still alive and kicking. 

That’s good that there was a decent turnout. Had no idea it was 15 years since the last Edinburgh fair, I suppose based on that the organisers were taking a bit of a chance, so well done to them.

Was it more older programmes on sale, or a mixture with issues from recent seasons? Prices reasonable?

I think I read that the owner of the programme shop in Albion Road was to be there, but other than that I wasn’t sure who had stalls.

18 hours ago, Crow said:

I went along too. Managed to get a quite a few Celtic ones from the 70/80s. As I've slowly become obsessed with collecting over the last couple of years. 

My collection out with matches I've attended has become huge now. I need banned from attending programme fairs and going on eBay etc.. 😂

40 minutes ago, Jute said:

Tonight’s Hibs U19 v Borussia Dortmund U19 programme. £2 for 15 page effort. Decent read. 

BABB1569-6B0B-4029-9616-011B555379EC.jpeg

Watched most the game on the tv, the Hibs lads gave a great account of themselves before tiring in the last 15 minutes or so. They really deserved a crack at a penalty shoot out, felt very sorry for them.

• 2 weeks later...

Decent programme at North Lodge Park last night (£2). Good interview with Paul Campbell who recently signed for Formartine from Fraserburgh and had scored a hat trick in each of their previous two matches. In addition to the usual player and club profiles for the visitors there was an interesting historical article about a past Brechin player and manager, Frank Sandeman.

2023_02_23 14_53 Office Lens.jpg

2023_02_23 15_06 Office Lens.jpg

On 06/02/2023 at 12:24, Cowdenleith said:

That’s good that there was a decent turnout. Had no idea it was 15 years since the last Edinburgh fair, I suppose based on that the organisers were taking a bit of a chance, so well done to them.

Was it more older programmes on sale, or a mixture with issues from recent seasons? Prices reasonable?

I think I read that the owner of the programme shop in Albion Road was to be there, but other than that I wasn’t sure who had stalls.

I never knew about the fair either just seen it here!

I used to go to the fairs in the Playhouse also went to the Glasgow ones a few times. You'll be glad to know Colts are doing a programme tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

I never knew about the fair either just seen it here!

I used to go to the fairs in the Playhouse also went to the Glasgow ones a few times. You'll be glad to know Colts are doing a programme tomorrow. 

Yeah, the fairs at the Playhouse and the Mclellan Galleries in Sauchiehall Street were really big for a period.

That’s good that the Colts are doing a programme, been a bit hit and miss away from home this season. Sadly don’t think will make it through tomorrow, school football matches restart tomorrow, so makes further afield a little more difficult with the times they finish.  Home games will be fine though.

• 2 weeks later...

Had time to kill when in Middlesbrough on Saturday morning,  so had a nose around the Riverside and picked up the programme for that day's game. 50 pages, too much adverts for my liking though. 

20230304_110554.jpg

20230304_111526.jpg

20230306_200244.jpg

Edited by philpy