Cove v's Cowdenbeath / Cowdenbeath v's Cove

5 minutes ago, strichener said:

Absolutely nothing wrong with any of those quotes.  It looks like the exact opposite of what you are inferring. 

We all know that unless there is some dramatic change in fortunes for Cowdenbeath that it is likely that you will be in the play-off again.  Whilst it is unfortunate that the game was won in that manner, had the roles been reversed, there would have been a similar reaction from Cowdenbeath fans on here.  As it is, you are using the subsequent incidence to deflect from the fact that you won a game on the incompetence of the referee and you are now at the point of making it up to keep the focus away from how tenuous your survival was.

Oh dear.

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, strichener said:

Absolutely nothing wrong with any of those quotes.  It looks like the exact opposite of what you are inferring. 

We all know that unless there is some dramatic change in fortunes for Cowdenbeath that it is likely that you will be in the play-off again.  Whilst it is unfortunate that the game was won in that manner, had the roles been reversed, there would have been a similar reaction from Cowdenbeath fans on here.  As it is, you are using the subsequent incidence to deflect from the fact that you won a game on the incompetence of the referee and you are now at the point of making it up to keep the focus away from how tenuous your survival was.

Dry your eyes too :1eye

9 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Oh dear.

Don't worry, I have changed the spelling mistake.  :thumsup2

I am assuming that is what you were reacting to as the actual content of the post is really just an observation that isn't in any way contentious.

We all know that unless there is some dramatic change in fortunes for Cowdenbeath that it is likely that you will be in the play-off again.  Whilst it is unfortunate that the game was won in that manner, had the roles been reversed, there would have been a similar reaction from Cowdenbeath fans on here.  As it is, you are using the subsequent incidents to deflect from the fact that you won a game on the incompetence of the referee and you are now at the point of making it up to keep the focus away from how tenuous your survival was.

I can’t recall at any time our players or manager calling officials cheats. So no we wouldn’t have reacted in the same manner.

1 minute ago, onecowden said:

I can’t recall at any time our players or manager calling officials cheats. So no we wouldn’t have reacted in the same manner.

You missed this bit

from Cowdenbeath fans on here. 

2 hours ago, strichener said:

I am assuming that is what you were reacting to as the actual content of the post is really just an observation that isn't in any way contentious.

Have a look at the post from Drifter on the Cowden thread. Couldn't have put it better myself.

The stuff in the EE is a lot of dross and not for the first time. I am embarrassed for the paper too as I used to read it until yesterday. No more.

A few comments from neutrals.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/cowdenbeath/we-were-cheated-blasts-cove-rangers-manager-john-sheran-1-4738764

3 hours ago, strichener said:

We all know that unless there is some dramatic change in fortunes for Cowdenbeath that it is likely that you will be in the play-off again.  Whilst it is unfortunate that the game was won in that manner, had the roles been reversed, there would have been a similar reaction from Cowdenbeath fans on here.  As it is, you are using the subsequent incidents to deflect from the fact that you won a game on the incompetence of the referee and you are now at the point of making it up to keep the focus away from how tenuous your survival was.

Our survival in season 2016/17 against East Kilbride was indeed tenuous as our continued existence in the SPFL came down at the very end  to   5 Penalty Kicks. I was very confident this year that we had the manager, coaches ,  enough players of experience and ability and above all team spirit  to gain  the vital  win. My only cause for concern was our dismal record  at Central Park. but once we got the lead again I knew we were home and dry.

Twice is two times too many and it will not happen again.

4 hours ago, strichener said:

They certainly don't appreciate an alternative view , that I have learned over the years. 

Our survival in season 2016/17 against East Kilbride was indeed tenuous as our continued existence in the SPFL came down at the very end  to   5 Penalty Kicks. I was very confident this year that we had the manager, coaches ,  enough players of experience and ability and above all team spirit  to gain  the vital  win. My only cause for concern was our dismal record  at Central Park. but once we got the lead again I knew we were home and dry.
Twice is two times too many and it will not happen again.

Based on what though? Smallest crowds in the leagues and totally skint. That was the same as Shire.

Hopefully bollans fine wont be too bad. After all it would be out of the club coffers and I assume we dont budget for things like that! £2k is a lot of money to a club like us so hopefully SFA are lenient towards bollan.

As for Sheran after his comments an 8-10 game ban I see looming.

Archived