Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

I liked Ben at Airdrie last season. He came in very much as a backup but thought he done well the few occasions he played. Wouldn't have minded him staying on as #2 but our two other senior goalies were already signed up or being made an offer so that was always unlikely. Hope he does well. Probably be on a better wage at Kelty than Airdrie too :lol:

6 hours ago, airdrieman said:

I liked Ben at Airdrie last season. He came in very much as a backup but thought he done well the few occasions he played. Wouldn't have minded him staying on as #2 but our two other senior goalies were already signed up or being made an offer so that was always unlikely. Hope he does well. Probably be on a better wage at Kelty than Airdrie too :lol:

Maybe a one step back two forward move if it works out which I hope it does , Fleming and Christie were excellent for Kelty and both got their moves 

Previously with St Johnstone great move for Ben hopefully he can finally get some regular football. 
EB40C6A0-525B-4362-905E-B0BE11679791.thumb.jpeg.b6880807578fe9cde32b9ffb974d75e0.jpeg
Very much echo airdriemans comments, he was signed as an emergency after Scott Gallaghers injury, and came in when Hutton got injured as well, hardly put a foot wrong and done what was asked of him.
Hope he does well for kelty and can cement the number 1 place.

56 minutes ago, DavidMcG said:

Kelty in for former Scotland cap and all round cnut Ian Black from Tranent apparently according to tomorrows early edition paper. No idea how he has been getting on in the juniors

Doubtful for me. Having signed Reilly & Easton along with having Husband & Mckirdy I can't see it. He's been decent but not outstanding at Tranent by all accounts.

Kelty in for former Scotland cap and all round cnut Ian Black from Tranent apparently according to tomorrows early edition paper. No idea how he has been getting on in the juniors

Been a year since he was last playing in the Juniors. However, Juniors or EOS this season, I would say Black is very much playing at his level now and when I’ve seen him, not once would I say he was a stand out. Wasn’t even in Tranent’s starting 11 for King Cup Final yesterday, albeit that could be down to an injury or something as he usually starts.

If rumour is true, maybe Barry Ferguson sees having his experience around the place as a good thing, perhaps in a part-coaching capacity, but as a player I do not see him as being a first choice pick at Kelty at all.

2 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Been a year since he was last playing in the Juniors. However, Juniors or EOS this season, I would say Black is very much playing at his level now and when I’ve seen him, not once would I say he was a stand out. Wasn’t even in Tranent’s starting 11 for King Cup Final yesterday, albeit that could be down to an injury or something as he usually starts.

If rumour is true, maybe Barry Ferguson sees having his experience around the place as a good thing, perhaps in a part-coaching capacity, but as a player I do not see him as being a first choice pick at Kelty at all.

When I spoke to him a couple of months back he was quite happy with tranent as he's from the area. I asked if he was going to boness with the management going there he said no. 

When I spoke to him a couple of months back he was quite happy with tranent as he's from the area. I asked if he was going to boness with the management going there he said no. 

Aye, I’d be very surprised to see him at Kelty. Or Bo’ness for that matter.

He is interested in a coaching role but would kelty pay money for that? I can’t see it. Like a said he’s signed up for next year. Not sure if he will coach at Tranent after next year or continue to play longer.

Current potential line up for next season:

GK: Mackenzie

Def: Ford, Carstairs, Douglas/O'Neil, Linton

Mid: Mckirdy, Reilly, Husband

AM: Easton

FW: Austin, Cargill/Campbell

Subs: Jardine, McBride, Leighton, Ashe, Philp, Ritchie, Dodd, Mutch

Can't see another way we fit all them in & although I'm sure we will rotate it will leave Dodd, McBride and a couple of others pushing hard for places.

Would imagine Hare & Chalmers will leave and the younger boys will go out on loan/Glens (if that materialises)

1 hour ago, leomessi1984 said:

Current potential line up for next season:

GK: Mackenzie

Def: Ford, Carstairs, Douglas/O'Neil, Linton

Mid: Mckirdy, Reilly, Husband

AM: Easton

FW: Austin, Cargill/Campbell

Subs: Jardine, McBride, Leighton, Ashe, Philp, Ritchie, Dodd, Mutch

Can't see another way we fit all them in & although I'm sure we will rotate it will leave Dodd, McBride and a couple of others pushing hard for places.

Would imagine Hare & Chalmers will leave and the younger boys will go out on loan/Glens (if that materialises)

Barry Ferguson hardly ever played Linton at left-back for Clyde; he used him in midfield. Played most of a season as a goal-scoring wide midfielder, and then was moved deeper and more centrally the following year. Given your signing of Easton, I'd assume he'd be part of the diamond you'll probably end up playing.

18 hours ago, David W said:

Barry Ferguson hardly ever played Linton at left-back for Clyde; he used him in midfield. Played most of a season as a goal-scoring wide midfielder, and then was moved deeper and more centrally the following year. Given your signing of Easton, I'd assume he'd be part of the diamond you'll probably end up playing.

Linton is the one I haven't seen live from our new batch of signings so good to hear he's flexible. If we play a diamond then at least 1 top quality midf player will miss out. I'm actually most excited to see how Hubby ups his game with more quality around him! 

11 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Linton is the one I haven't seen live from our new batch of signings so good to hear he's flexible. If we play a diamond then at least 1 top quality midf player will miss out. I'm actually most excited to see how Hubby ups his game with more quality around him! 

Linton is one of the few players from the BF era that would be welcome back at Clyde. He's just a proper footballer who with a burst of pace would have played at a higher level than he managed. Excellent his first season, named in the League 2 team of the Year and picking up various Clyde awards. The following season he started well but succumbed to a hernia injury that he tried to play through for months.

Takes a long throw-in as well.

8 hours ago, David W said:

Linton is one of the few players from the BF era that would be welcome back at Clyde. He's just a proper footballer who with a burst of pace would have played at a higher level than he managed. Excellent his first season, named in the League 2 team of the Year and picking up various Clyde awards. The following season he started well but succumbed to a hernia injury that he tried to play through for months.

Takes a long throw-in as well.

Long throw in will be interesting. Not seen too much of that so far in the LL. Sounds like a good acquisition then, albeit a bit injury prone by all accounts recently.