Wasps -vs- Sons - The Final.

None we think , him and goodwin do not see eye to eye apparently ..

Ah well, just rumours then, though it would have been quite funny him getting pumped out of the Rovers to then just wave two fingers at them as he waltzes into the Championship!!!

Actually did that breakdown in their relationship not actually start at the Nou Bayview, seem to remember a major strop as he was subbed there last season???

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations Alloa , made the first division title race very interesting in the last 2 weeks of season and definitely the form team going into play offs , glad we won  the league as I believe you would have beaten us in play offs , great wee ground and day out , looking forward to 4 tough games again next season and delighted for Big Andy Graham 

16 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Ah well, just rumours then, though it would have been quite funny him getting pumped out of the Rovers to then just wave two fingers at them as he waltzes into the Championship!!!

Actually did that breakdown in their relationship not actually start at the Nou Bayview, seem to remember a major strop as he was subbed there last season???

you are Correct , that was a moment in time  ;-)

1 minute ago, whereismillar said:

you are Correct , that was a moment in time  ;-)

If you go to the Club website and trawl through the EFTV back catalogue that game might still be there and you can watch his Oscar winning "toys oot the pram" performance again and again to your heart's content!!!:lol:

Dumbarton offered absolutely nothing over the two legs. In some respects would rather they had stayed up as Alloa seem to have had our number this year.

Glad to see the better team prevail at the last gasp.

12 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

If you go to the Club website and trawl through the EFTV back catalogue that game might still be there and you can watch his Oscar winning "toys oot the pram" performance again and again to your heart's content!!!:lol:

found the game but nae strop ! been edited to 3 mins though !

found the game but nae strop ! been edited to 3 mins though !

Ah pity, maybe a storage issue, as the packages are usually longer than that!!!

PM LiamA, he does the highlights and may still have it kicking about the editing suite floor!!!

Unless Goodwin got it off him first!!![emoji23]

Its Aitken's squad but the nature of competing on your budget means you need to gamble a bit on players with mixed fitness records, young loanees, guys looking to reinvent themselves and guys at the wrong end of their careers. He has got more right than wrong generally over the last couple of years.
Maybe not so much this year but his successes were in the defensive half (Dowie, Wardrop, Gallacher to an extent, Barr and Hill). In an attacking sense Handling hasnt been available enough, Stewart wasnt as important as hoped, Nade became a very large shadow of hinself and then made his position untenable and a succession of loan players offered little. 
And he had no help from a scenario where your pitch and the weather conspired to give you a shocker of a fixture pile up which hasnt helped the chances of getting a competitive team on the pitch latterly. Lot of lethargic looking players today, some no doubt nursing injury through to the end of the game. 
Not particularly trying to mount a defence of Aitken, wasnt me having to watch it every week. But I suspect a necessity of keeping things tight at the best of times was compounded by circumstances. Next year would surely have been even more difficult. Perhaps a period down a level will help in terms of entertainment on the pitch at least. Though it wont help the finances.
Pretty much agree with most of that, Aitken knows with budget/resources available he needs to tactically astute, however we find ourselves in a position where the players don't appear to have the belief or license to get a result by trying to play football and it's utterly grim to witness.

Aitken is there to make the big decisions and he's got more wrong that right this season.

Did he not sign a contract extension with Hibs earlier this season?

He was told several months ago Hibs weren't keeping him on.

Signing players like Crane will be crucial to how well we do next season imo. Young, talented hungry players with good energy and pace about them.

I thought we thoroughly deserved to win the tie. The manager's approach and the players' attitude were first class. It looked like we had run out of luck, firstly with Robbo going off and then with how the ball just didn't seem to falk for us on several occasions.

We got that little bit of (deserved) luck with Stewart's scrappy goal though , and from then on I felt there was only going to be one winner.

The celebration of Kirky's goal with the players and them celebrating with us at the end were special moments. Right up there with any of the many great times I've had following Alloa for 40+ years.

Fantastic stuff wasps, hitting form at the right time. Great work from jim and the boys. Credit big andy graham pretty sure he was limping when he returned after half time, what a legend.

Commiserations dumbarton been our bogey team for a few years now, didnt think we had it in us to beat you. Hope its a quick return for you.

Hard work starts now or as jim said it has already begun.

Good start signing up trouten i hope.

Dumbo were chronic over both legs. I hope you get your beloved regular stadium name change sponsorship by start of next season in diddy league. Would be fitting if there's a company called ANTIFITBA.COM sniffing round you.

Dumbo were chronic over both legs. I hope you get your beloved regular stadium name change sponsorship by start of next season in diddy league. Would be fitting if there's a company called ANTIFITBA.COM sniffing round you.

That is some red hot content right there. Wow.

Everything has already been said really.  Congratulations Alloa - hope you give the FT teams a right good go next year.  Smith and Stewart were both great and looked like two players we've been crying out for all season.

Could have left after the first goal - everyone in the ground knew what was going to happen.  Just glad the season is over - been my least enjoyable in the Championship  by far.  That being said, I  haven't taken a minute of it for granted - some fantastic moments.  From Prunty's last minute equaliser at Raith for Adamson, to the magic Murray worked on us for several seasons, ending in a few big results at Tannadice and Easter Road under Aitken.  I wish the players had put up a better fight in ET but I think they wanted the season to end as badly as some of us did.  An extremely disappointing ending but that's football. 

6 minutes ago, Wasperoonie said:

FC4CCA27-6ADB-48BF-A442-8D59ACF3603B.jpeg

Archived