Wasps -vs- Sons - The Final.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Wasperoonie said:

Dumbo were chronic over both legs. I hope you get your beloved regular stadium name change sponsorship by start of next season in diddy league. Would be fitting if there's a company called ANTIFITBA.COM sniffing round you.

58772b49c5005_caddyshackcarl.gif.c0ddeba54e61f45216c21bc3a2181090.gif

On 13/05/2018 at 18:38, Doonhamer doon south said:

Be sad to see Dumbarton go from the league. They will help make a competitive league 1 I'm sure. 

Can't see us doing that.  What with the reduced budget and all, I doubt we'll be able to attract the calibre of player necessary to be competitive.

Congrats to Alloa.  At least they gave it a go.

On ‎13‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 23:25, steve55 said:

Another ground i never been too before. 

See you next season.

Many pubs near ground?

Do you have enough money left on the bank overdraft to play next season?  Plenty pubs in town around 10 minutes walk from the ground mate.

How come the Dumbarton fans are so gloomy about their chances next season? You'll have a reduced budget, obviously, but surely it won't be any worse than the rest of League One. Have the board been running up debts during the Championship years, or something?

How come the Dumbarton fans are so gloomy about their chances next season? You'll have a reduced budget, obviously, but surely it won't be any worse than the rest of League One. Have the board been running up debts during the Championship years, or something?
Not running up debt as such but ignoring the stadium maintenance while the new ground was in the pipeline. Now that's gone, the stadium needs some tlc at around 100k.

What a great day from our perspective. We couldnt have scored at a better time obviously, and there was only one winner from then on. Kirkpatricks goal was absolute top drawer and worthy of the achievement it provided.

From a Dumbarton point of view Id be diaappointed in their manager. Watching it back on TV confirms my feelings at the time. Couldn't blame him for being gutted but as the two sets of players gathered for extra time its his job to provide the leadership to lift his players. He didnt appear to offer anything whatsoever, barely able to speak to them. It was quite startling.

Dumbarton have set the standard over recent times for part time clubs. I like them and their fans on here are a good bunch. A change might not be a bad thing in the long term. Chance to reassess and rebuild. Youll be back.

19 minutes ago, microdave said:

Not running up debt as such but ignoring the stadium maintenance while the new ground was in the pipeline. Now that's gone, the stadium needs some tlc at around 100k.

Bit shite. Are the board going to give it another stab, or are you staying put for the foreseeable?

Lovely setting for a ground, at any rate.

13 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Bit shite. Are the board going to give it another stab, or are you staying put for the foreseeable?

I'd imagine we'll be aiming for the playoffs (at the right end) next season. I can't see Stevie wanting to stay for another relegation scrap, and I don't think that our fans will accept another season of turgid drivelfests.

We'll be staying put. They could appeal to the Scottish government but one of the owners said at a meeting last year that might not happen. That, to me, sounds like they can't afford it.

What a great day from our perspective. We couldnt have scored at a better time obviously, and there was only one winner from then on. Kirkpatricks goal was absolute top drawer and worthy of the achievement it provided.
From a Dumbarton point of view Id be diaappointed in their manager. Watching it back on TV confirms my feelings at the time. Couldn't blame him for being gutted but as the two sets of players gathered for extra time its his job to provide the leadership to lift his players. He didnt appear to offer anything whatsoever, barely able to speak to them. It was quite startling.
Dumbarton have set the standard over recent times for part time clubs. I like them and their fans on here are a good bunch. A change might not be a bad thing in the long term. Chance to reassess and rebuild. Youll be back.
Interesting to see how notable the malaise is from an outside perspective. Aitken has certainly shown he can organise a team and talk a good game but he settled into a defensive shape from day one and has never really looked like changing that mentality.

We always seemed to gain momentum in the second half of the season finishing strongly and hoping we continue that form into the start of the next season. However this season didn't have that bump we usually get and there has been a downward spiral around everything around the club.

Now, with a new chairman, a change of attitude and a pro active trust, we can hopefully look to rebuild and move forward in a positive manner.

Genuinely wish Alloa well in the championship. They earned it and there's no hard feelings at all from me. From experience I hope they are at the very least competitive and I'm sure it will give their fans memories they won't forget.

Archived