Needing a strong Rangers in Scottish football is nonsense

League sponsorship/TV money should be distributed according to the number of posts made about each club on P&B.  This shows you the true importance each club has according to the people who really matter - the fans.
Agreed - the fewer posts about a club the more money they should receive. That should help to even things up. Great suggestion. Nice one!

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, bennett said:

Then you lose part of the incentive for clubs to climb the table, don't you think that Kilmarnock deserve a higher share of prize money after their exploits this season?

Same with clubs like Sevco and hibs who until fairly recently were lower league clubs.... 

The incentive is to finish in a high position, perhaps higher than last time, or even than in a long while.  Gates also tend to increase when teams do better.

Even when sharing gates, there would be a benefit there.

Do we really want to cement teams into a particular slot, unless we happen to be Willie Miller?

How would sharing gates work with clubs who have a high percentage of season tickets?

I don't see any permanent cementing of slots, in recent years Motherwell, st Johnstone and now Kilmarnock have all finished higher up the table than usual.

Do well and receive more money.

8 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

What Scotland needs is all the glory hunting bigoted fuckwits to support their local team instead of pretending to support Rangers or Celtic because their fragile egos can't handle losing most of the time. Also if the media could stop and get off the old firm gravy train and actually care about and cover the other sides properly that might help?

Yes because Sevco hardly ever losses games..

The media will always concentrate on who gives them the most readers/viewers/listeners...

4 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

What? In what way are those figures dishonest?

Celtic and Aberdeen earned revenue of £90.3m and £15.2m respectively last season. Based on the forecast for splitting gate receipts, Celtic would drop to about £80m (in fact i have it a bit higher than £80m so under exagerated) and Aberdeen would remain static at £15m.

You see what you actually mean when wanting gates split is you want Celtic and Rangers gates split and everyone else to keep theirs. Your passion for parity is admirable and something I also want but your idea of how to achieve it is simply fantasy. Your hatred of the OF completely blinds your opinions and makes you come across as bitter.

So Celtic made six times as much in gates as Aberdeen?  Is that what you're saying?

Where on earth have I suggested that I want only the OF affected by gate sharing?  I didn't even bring the topic up here.  I was on about prize money.

You're being somewhat irrational in saying my calmly expressed views result from a blinding bitterness.

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

Yes because Sevco hardly ever losses games..

The media will always concentrate on who gives them the most readers/viewers/listeners...

Regardless of what happens to rangers and Celtic they are top of the bill or back page. It's not journalism it's easy money and supporting the self serving gravy train culture, when Hearts challenged it they were taken down by the media while the rangers cheating was covered up.

Romanov was right in a way it's corrupt.

5 minutes ago, bennett said:

How would sharing gates work with clubs who have a high percentage of season tickets?

I don't see any permanent cementing of slots, in recent years Motherwell, st Johnstone and now Kilmarnock have all finished higher up the table than usual.

Do well and receive more money.

In a team game where the teams compete with each other using resources that cost money, it is not in the interests of that competition, to give more of that money to those who have already been successful.

To be honest though, it troubles me a bit less than it used to.  The former SPL had a disgusting and transparent model whereby 1st and 2nd received similar sums before a huge drop off to the 3rd place team.  That's been ironed out a bit which is welcome.

The CL situation does however reduce much of what we've discussed tonight to the irrelevant, In terms of looking for something more egalitarian.

So Celtic made six times as much in gates as Aberdeen?  Is that what you're saying?
Where on earth have I suggested that I want only the OF affected by gate sharing?  I didn't even bring the topic up here.  I was on about prize money.
You're being somewhat irrational in saying my calmly expressed views result from a blinding bitterness.
No, I'm not saying they earned 6x more in gate receipts, I'm saying they earn 6x more revenue in total. The clubs would still have the other revenue above and beyond gate receipts you know. That's kinda how it works.

I'm providing you with the overall impact to the 12 clubs in terms of their overall revenues and spending power if gate receipts were split.

21 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

No, I'm not saying they earned 6x more in gate receipts, I'm saying they earn 6x more revenue in total. The clubs would still have the other revenue above and beyond gate receipts you know. That's kinda how it works.

I'm providing you with the overall impact to the 12 clubs in terms of their overall revenues and spending power if gate receipts were split.

You were being very misleading then, I'd imagine deliberately.

In terms of overall revenue, of course the gulf is too large to bridge.  I do believe I may have mentioned my dissatisfaction with the CL situation for instance.  However, that chasm would reduce a bit with gate sharing.  If concerned with its direct Impact, HJ's figures are of more direct relevance.

I've not once said that gate sharing would eradicate the wild inequalities which damage our game.  It would help a bit though.  It also has a symbolic significance in recognising that people pay to watch two teams compete, even if they'd prefer one to win.

The question I was actually asked here related to the distribution of TV money, which I answered.  Someone else introduced gate sharing.  While I'm happy to say I'm in favour of it for the reasons given, I've not once said it would be this silver bullet solution.

You say that my desire for more parity is admirable, yet resist every step that may exist in creating it.  The Judge finds you more irresistible than I do.

You say that my desire for more parity is admirable, yet resist every step that may exist in creating it.  The Judge finds you more irresistible than I do.

Very good, we're back to childish insults again.

I don't resist, I just think things through and perform what analysis I can to come to an objective conclusion.

I have my own ideas on how to reduce the impact of the financial gap, creating a more competitive environment that doesn't reauire Robin Hood fantasies about taking from the rich and giving to the poor.

6 hours ago, Tartantony said:

I have my own ideas on how to reduce the impact of the financial gap, creating a more competitive environment that doesn't reauire Robin Hood fantasies about taking from the rich and giving to the poor.

Do share.

On 10/05/2018 at 23:51, Tartantony said:

Still intrigued Tony.

Please explain how such alchemy might be performed.

Scottish Football would benefit from a Rangers who...

accept that their original club died in 2012 and that the current club is a 'heritage continuation' similar to those at Gretna, Accrington, Hereford, Halifax, Aldershot etc

accept that their next title ( no matter how many years away) will be their current club's first

accept that the whole EBT thing was blatant cheating and trophies won during that time should declared void

accept that they should only spend money that the business generates.

Vigourously cleanse the institution of the rabid PUL/ masonic/ orange / king billy shite and become a proper football club.

somebody message me when all that has happened.

On 10/05/2018 at 23:51, Tartantony said:

Coooo eeeee Tony!

Come on Mate.  This isn't fair.  You've solved the puzzle we all want the answer to, yet you're keeping it all to yourself.

Please tell us.  Pretty please.

Archived