Needing a strong Rangers in Scottish football is nonsense

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

How do you quantify this exactly? By using posts on a forum?

Because thats fucking stupid.

Especially given he makes more posts wishing Rangers luck and congratulating them than he does about Motherwell.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Using posts on a forum certainly help to quantify it without doubt. But personal experience helps too. :)

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

Especially given he makes more posts wishing Rangers luck and congratulating them than he does about Motherwell.

Another po-face that isn't very good at detecting a wind up when he sees one. :)

Using posts on a forum certainly help to quantify it without doubt. But personal experience helps too. [emoji4]
Personal experience of Monkey Tennis?

FWIW, in the example you used about talking to people outside of Scottish football about it.... If someone wishes to talk football with me outwith those I know, and it becomes apparent that all the wish to talk about or all they know about is the arse cheeks then that will be end of conversation for me.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Even if he was, his conclusions would be questionable.

I post plenty about Queens.  He just doesn't see it because he looks at Queens threads as often as I do Motherwell ones.  Like me however, he finds the Rangers picture interesting.

Personal experience of Monkey Tennis?

FWIW, in the example you used about talking to people outside of Scottish football about it.... If someone wishes to talk football with me outwith those I know, and it becomes apparent that all the wish to talk about or all they know about is the arse cheeks then that will be end of conversation for me.

Well good for you if that is the case. 

But it certainly isn't for a number of others.

Well good for you if that is the case. 
But it certainly isn't for a number of others.
Well I dont think you can demonstrate that. The fact of the matter is, what you can demonstrate is the number of times folk post on P&B laughing at Rangers. An endeavour that takes about 30 seconds, at a time wherr said poster is already browsing and probably posting on P&B. Its effortless to laugh at Rangers, so you have no point to make.

You are simply hurt because you are either a The Rangers fan, or you are a poor troll who is unable to deal with his bullshit being picked apart with the same negligible effort it takes to laugh at your big team.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Even if he was, his conclusions would be questionable.

I post plenty about Queens.  He just doesn't see it because he looks at Queens threads as often as I do Motherwell ones.  Like me however, he finds the Rangers picture interesting.

I do find it interesting, to an extent, I do not deny that. Just as I find the Celtic picture interesting as they are, as I said, the biggest selling point in the Scottish game. 

However what I find more interesting about the Rangers side, indeed, what I find more ridiculous about the Rangers side is the ridiculous obsession that so many have with them. An obsession that seems to eclipse their love for their own clubs.

Just now, MJC said:

I do find it interesting, to an extent, I do not deny that. Just as I find the Celtic picture interesting as they are, as I said, the biggest selling point in the Scottish game. 

However what I find more interesting about the Rangers side, indeed, what I find more ridiculous about the Rangers side is the ridiculous obsession that so many have with them. An obsession that seems to eclipse their love for their own clubs.

Again why is it especially ridiculous?

And what is there to suggest it "eclipses" other things?  You've really got nothing coherent here.

Sadly, I'd imagine I'll be denied the opportunity.
I'd certainly oversee a much better distribution model though.

What would MTs distribution model look like exactly?

You say this all the time without ever explaining what's wrong with the current model and how you would improve it.

5 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

You say this all the time without ever explaining what's wrong with the current model and how you would improve it.

What he said....

I'm sure he'll correct me if I've got this wrong but MT has argued a few times for shared gate money.

1 hour ago, MJC said:

Because you can't argue with it in any way? :rolleyes:

I'll break it down then.

1 hour ago, MJC said:

Simply because I think you're obsession with Rangers is mundane. You proudly admit to being obsessed with them and while, each to their own, I find that pretty sad.

Your post count on Rangers topics and threads is higher than the majority of non OF fans. Which is strange since you find the whole thing 'obsessive' and 'mundane.

1 hour ago, MJC said:

What form would this promotion take you ask? Are you unfamiliar with the concept of Public Relations, or PR for short? 

This reads like the beginning of some corporate induction video or leaflet.

Business/corporate speak nonsense thread for this pish.

1 hour ago, MJC said:

For as long as I can remember, football fans in this country who do not support one of the Old Firm have bemoaned the fact that those two clubs receive far too much attention and exposure from the media, the TV companies and the sponsors etc. Well, just what have these supporters done exactly to try and counter that apart from greet and whinge about it that is?

They've attended matches and backed their clubs financially in record numbers, including fan ownership.

1 hour ago, MJC said:

Maybe if supporters stopped obsessing about them and rather than moaning about how bad it is, championed their own clubs and thus stopped giving Celtic and more especially so, Rangers, so much of a pedestal to take the limelight then the media outlets, TV companies and sponsorship companies would actually take more notice of these clubs rather than Celtic and Rangers. Those two will always be the biggest story in Scottish Football as they are the biggest 'pull' but rather than cry and obsess about them, why not try promoting your own clubs ?

This works on the assumption that the media, TV and sponsorship companies care about what any of us thinks. They don't. They care about their bottom line. 

The sky sports coverage, BBC sportsound, the red tops with their 10 pages of old firm news and 2 pages for the other 40 odd clubs. It's always been this way. It's not going to suddenly change if we all stop laughing at Rangers.

We do promote our own clubs, we wear merchandise and shout from the fucking rooftops (and troll endlessly on here) when we're doing well. 

Perhaps the reason I found your post so terrible is that you seem determined to lay the ills of our game on the supporters of diddy teams. Let's start with those who are actually paid to promote our game. What did Doncaster and Regan do when the shit hit the fan in 2012 ?

1 hour ago, MJC said:

The 'bizarre' holiday analogy I offered was based on personal experience of how Scottish football fans interact with others abroad in the last few years to be honest. There are many of them, regardless of who they actually follow, who always manage to end up discussing Rangers at length, no matter who they are talking to.

This is inadmissible as evidence I'm afraid.

I'm sure he'll correct me if I've got this wrong but MT has argued a few times for shared gate money.
I think you're right, I'm sure he has suggested this. I'm not sure what purpose he hopes this would serve though. If he thinks it would help create a challenge to Celtic then I would suggest he's wrong. Sharing domestic gate receipts would likely have the opposite impact.

49 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

I wouldn't want TV money distributed as prize money, because all that does is reinforce current advantage.  I'd want it pooled and distributed much more equally.

4 minutes ago, Tartantony said:
29 minutes ago, mjw said:

I think you're right, I'm sure he has suggested this. I'm not sure what purpose he hopes this would serve though. If he thinks it would help create a challenge to Celtic then I would suggest he's wrong. Sharing domestic gate receipts would likely have the opposite impact.

I don't accept that you're right, such is the difference between home gates for the OF sides and those for the other teams they share a division with.

Of course, as long as the CL exists in anything like its current form, the advantage will remain destructively huge.

I wouldn't want TV money distributed as prize money, because all that does is reinforce current advantage.  I'd want it pooled and distributed much more equally.
When you say equally, what are you looking for?

Should Elgin get the same amount as Aberdeen for example? I'm not really sure how that improves anything. What's your ultimate goal here?

Archived