Come On Ye Mo - Montrose FC 2018/19

Stirling offered 20k for him but Sutherland couldn’t agree wages, so not dreamland. Strikers don’t come cheap!
Where about does he stay?Their is a not a chance we will offer 20k for him unfortunately .Peterhead have Derek Lyle now so can't see him going their,I would think highland league is the only place he will end up if he is chasing the ££££

32 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Stirling offered 20k for him but Sutherland couldn’t agree wages, so not dreamland. Strikers don’t come cheap!

Agreeing that fee but not the wages - amazing. Anyway I hope you lot at Elgin make a good fist of it this season. Your Manager had your team watch our presentation after our game. I spoke to him in the Tunnel and he said he wanted his lads to see it so it motivated them to be in that situation come next May. 

2 minutes ago, endieinreekie said:

He came from the juniors in January and scored a few, maybe 5 or 6, looks strong with decent control. I know it's a step up to League 1 but he looks like he might be able to make it

I don't doubt there are gems to be found in the juniors but I'll be shocked if a 24 year old with 4 months at League 2 level spanks in 20 odd goals this season. 

6 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I don't doubt there are gems to be found in the juniors but I'll be shocked if a 24 year old with 4 months at League 2 level spanks in 20 odd goals this season. 

I think you are both right. He does have the potential but will take time to step up to the mark. Question is will he be given the time. Needs to learn how to use his body weight more and wise up to L2 level. 50/50, up to him and the Manager to coach him right. Already has two goals in pre-season.

6 hours ago, The Moonster said:

That's what I was saying, I don't think he'll bang in 20 goals this year in League 1 but if he keeps developing then there might be a chance. He needs someone with experience up front with him to show him the ropes though

That's what I was saying, I don't think he'll bang in 20 goals this year in League 1 but if he keeps developing then there might be a chance. He needs someone with experience up front with him to show him the ropes though

Bring back Chris Templeman!!

He came from the juniors in January and scored a few, maybe 5 or 6, looks strong with decent control. I know it's a step up to League 1 but he looks like he might be able to make it
Am I missing something. He scored over 20 goals for Elgin in 16/17 before getting injured and missing the end of that season and a lot of last season. He didn't sign last season from the juniors.

It’s Martin Rennie that’s being spoken about joining the club in January and hopefully do well this coming season.

The other chat is about Shane Sutherland who is at Elgin but wants to leave but won’t be at Links Park imo.

Hearing that they’re signing Stuart McFarlane (also known as Don Maclane on a short-term contract for the league cup group stages).

Plays centre half and does some part-time coaching there along with his full-time role at St Johnstone.