Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

On 28/03/2023 at 17:22, Lichtie78 said:

Been a rumour for a while that Slater has signed a pre contract with us, just noticed those rumours being repeated on here. Can't say I've ever seen much of him, what kind of midfielder is he?

He’s 5h1te, you don’t want him.

11 hours ago, lwh said:

Play offs very, very much on now. Six games left, our next four are against the bottom four teams

I'm still not convinced that it's "very much on". It's a possibility, and you'd have snapped anyone's hand off that would have offered that to Forfar in November.

3 hours ago, RateofKnots said:

I'm still not convinced that it's "very much on". It's a possibility, and you'd have snapped anyone's hand off that would have offered that to Forfar in November.

That win last night still keeps us in the battle for the title.😏

On 30/03/2023 at 09:50, RateofKnots said:

Of course it’s very much on. 
Although it’s very much on for another 4 club’s potentially. 

Priority was staying in league after Gary Irvine’s car crash first half of the season, anything more will be a much welcomed bonus. 

1 hour ago, RateofKnots said:

Huge Kudos to Ray and the players. 14 points clear of relegation, 15 points left to play for. Job almost done. 

Just goes to show that those who called for Irvines head early on knew what was possible with a decent coach.

You could see towards the end of last season that Irvine hadn't a clue what needed done.

Would like to see us stick to that 4-4-2 he changed to.

we look far better & much more threatening after that switch. Flanagan & Thomson look very good. Thomson man of the match for me, thought Slater had a poor game personally, was a bit baffled with him getting Man of the Match. 

this hoof ball to Aitken as the sole striker is just not good enough.

26 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

Yeah Slater, Robson and Hutton together is not going to work. Thought Docherty was best for us but really it was Flanagan and Armour that turned game for us.

Hutchison quietly just gets on with the game. One to watch for the future with DUFC or higher.

47 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

Yeah Slater, Robson and Hutton together is not going to work. Thought Docherty was best for us but really it was Flanagan and Armour that turned game for us.

You could tell from the first game Slater was back three in midfield wouldn’t work. I like Slater, but I thought we looked best when Robson and Hutton were our midfield pairing.

It’s pleasing to see Ben near double figures for the season. Would like to see him kept on for next year.

24 minutes ago, fafc1885 said:

You could tell from the first game Slater was back three in midfield wouldn’t work. I like Slater, but I thought we looked best when Robson and Hutton were our midfield pairing.

It’s pleasing to see Ben near double figures for the season. Would like to see him kept on for next year.

Slater was off the boil today . Always think we play better without him strangely . 

id keep armour definitely gives us more than aitken . Still need 2 or 3 quality options up front for next season but who doesn’t