Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Personally think we could of got someone in that’s better the Seb, was quite disappointed with him last season. But willing to give him a chance under a team of players that McKinnon wants. 
hopefully there’s another actual signing today otherwise I’ve got myself all excited for nothing… 🤣

1 hour ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Personally think we could of got someone in that’s better the Seb, was quite disappointed with him last season. But willing to give him a chance under a team of players that McKinnon wants. 
hopefully there’s another actual signing today otherwise I’ve got myself all excited for nothing… 🤣

You have, there isn't.

3 hours ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Bit of an anti-climax after posting there would be a new signing. Happy enough to have him back though.

Yeah teasing a contract extension like a new signing doesn’t make sense to do, always destined to be an anti climax of sorts.

1 hour ago, fafc1885 said:

Yeah teasing a contract extension like a new signing doesn’t make sense to do, always destined to be an anti climax of sorts.

True, the club haven't quite got the hang of good social media posts,  yet. They're improving but not as engaging or funny as some other clubs.

1 hour ago, Bridie Vision said:

True, the club haven't quite got the hang of good social media posts,  yet. They're improving but not as engaging or funny as some other clubs.

Stenny have though. When they signed Matty I found it funny..

15 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

To be fair I find clubs like Montrose cringey as for the teaser videos they do they’re awful. All you need is a wee pen and a time given, at best a subtle hint but the full on stuff is horrendous. 

50 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

To be fair I find clubs like Montrose cringey as for the teaser videos they do they’re awful. All you need is a wee pen and a time given, at best a subtle hint but the full on stuff is horrendous. 

I believe there is a fine balance. Don't need a full on reveal video but subtle hints or clues are good so fans can start guessing. 

11 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

I believe there is a fine balance. Don't need a full on reveal video but subtle hints or clues are good so fans can start guessing. 

I like what Spartans did with the wordplay clues tbf.

Signed Danny denholm so put up a picture of denim.

Edited by ScottishLoon

1 hour ago, RateofKnots said:

I expect it to be a young lad on loan, tbh.

Most other clubs seem to have sorted out strikers early too, hard to not think we missed out on someone.

Trying to think of the last loan striker who scored more than a couple of goals?

(Update) so just checked and amazingly we've not had a loan striker who's scored more than 2 goals since hilson in 2013-14. 😬

Edited by ScottishLoon

4 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

Also I just remembered we're meant to have a friendly with Montrose on 30th, and then play them a couple weeks later in the cup at the same ground. 😆

Anytime that's happened with brechin in the past the friendly usually gets canned and a replacement found or scrapped altogether. Wouldn't see forfar going ahead with it either 

4 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

Also I just remembered we're meant to have a friendly with Montrose on 30th, and then play them a couple weeks later in the cup at the same ground. 😆

Surely someone’s got something mixed up there, we play Arbroath on July 1st and even with that being a testimonial, I’d be surprised if we’re playing you the night before.

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

Surely someone’s got something mixed up there, we play Arbroath on July 1st and even with that being a testimonial, I’d be surprised if we’re playing you the night before.

Oh that's interesting, guess we'll find out