Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

1 hour ago, May Rckinnon said:

Does anybody actually care about the league cup? completely pointless exercise.

Very good money though ( much needed in our case) - £30k minimum plus share of gate receipts and some hospitality money.

6 hours ago, loon said:

No New signings announced but the golf day is organized 🤔

The Golf Day wouldn’t interest me (I don’t know which end of the bat to hold) but it’s a fund raiser for the club, one of a few. Do you actually believe your season ticket money and buying a bridie at half time pays the players’ wages, expenses and signing on fees? Waken up, it’s a small club run largely by volunteers, no big sponsors and no rich backers. These constant moans about golf days by you and others are getting beyond boring.

1 minute ago, theSilverFox said:

The Golf Day wouldn’t interest me (I don’t know which end of the bat to hold) but it’s a fund raiser for the club, one of a few. Do you actually believe your season ticket money and buying a bridie at half time pays the players’ wages, expenses and signing on fees? Waken up, it’s a small club run largely by volunteers, no big sponsors and no rich backers. These constant moans about golf days by you and others are getting beyond boring.

I personally have no issue with the golf day itself, but you can't stop me enjoying when the club clapped back about it in the Irvine support statement. 

15 hours ago, SLClyde said:

The league cup is better than playing as many meaningless friendlies, and a decent money spinner at our level.  

That's right, especially as we won the competition last season, which then allowed us to push on in our excellent league campaign. 

11 hours ago, theSilverFox said:

If it pays for McKinnon going out the door, I'm all for it.

On 28/05/2024 at 21:50, fafc1885 said:

Finn Robson the only one that hasn’t been mentioned I believe.

Finn Robson is on the wiki page as in the squad.

20 hours ago, Port Talbot Loons said:

That's right, especially as we won the competition last season, which then allowed us to push on in our excellent league campaign. 

Absolutely this.

The Forfar lads getting very Old Firm on this cup considering they won it a year ago.

The birth of Josh Skelly and all his goals. Lest we forget lads.

4 hours ago, Neilly said:

Absolutely this.

The Forfar lads getting very Old Firm on this cup considering they won it a year ago.

The birth of Josh Skelly and all his goals. Lest we forget lads.

The legend of pre season Skelly will never die.