Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

2 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

what happens to people on trial who he brought in for example?

He literally had a player (Zac Rudden) on trial at Morton, ready to sign on loan who miraculously signed for Falkirk just hours after McKinnon snaked his way over there. Not saying any of your trialists will be going to Forest Green but literally anything could happen with them.

3 hours ago, theSilverFox said:

if he’s wanting to talk to them then he’s halfway out the door,

If he is asking permission to talk to them, then he has likely already spoken to them, agreed everything and is asking for permission as a mere formality before joining them anyway - permission or no permission. 

1 hour ago, lwh said:

No no no. Tried, tested and proven please. We need stability 

Petrie wasn't tried and tested, and I think we can all agree we made a massive mistake with that.

Also people like to have a go on Irvine because of how it ended and people not taking to his personality but he did get us 2nd with pretty good football in his first season as a manager before things went sour. I'm definitely not saying bring back because I don't want him back anytime soon.

Point I'm making is there's no guarantees with experience every individual is different, that being said I would actually prefer McInally or weir because of experience.

4 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Can't say I feel overly sorry for Forfar. Shouldn't hire a proven snake if you don't want to be snaked.

Let this be a lesson to everyone else in Scottish football and don't let him darken the door here again.

Its a good reminder of what he's like, but I think he'll be back up the road within 6 months. Most Raith fans have kept an eye out on FGR since Regan Hendry signed for them and Ferguson seems to have sold a few of their core players in the summer. Wouldn't be surprised if they're out before Christmas. 

41 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Can't say I feel overly sorry for Forfar. Shouldn't hire a proven snake if you don't want to be snaked.

Let this be a lesson to everyone else in Scottish football and don't let him darken the door here again.

We're not surprised he's done it, most of us knew this would happen at some point. It's the timing that's the issue.

1 hour ago, ScottishLoon said:

Petrie wasn't tried and tested, and I think we can all agree we made a massive mistake with that.

Also people like to have a go on Irvine because of how it ended and people not taking to his personality but he did get us 2nd with pretty good football in his first season as a manager before things went sour. I'm definitely not saying bring back because I don't want him back anytime soon.

Point I'm making is there's no guarantees with experience every individual is different, that being said I would actually prefer McInally or weir because of experience.

I believe that the 2nd place was mostly Scott Robertson’s doing.

If you look at it this way, other than Mark and Wayne, Scott was the only member of the coaching staff that wasn’t a player aswell which meant Irvine and Harkins had to participate in training aswell, so at training Robertson would’ve been the main man. Then as soon as he left it all went downhill because no one could properly coach them in training.

Hopefully the board hold out for decent compensation and don't just let him Walk away, Additional Bonuses if they are in the mix and a promotion bonus if they go up and a loan of a few promising youngsters for free for the season.

Edited by loon
typo

I never really understand the timing argument. 

A new job can crop up at anytime in all walks of life so who is anyone else to judge moving on to a better opportunity when it crops up?

You have to be selfish in football and this is simply something that Ray McKinnon can't turn down if he has any ambition in the game.

2 minutes ago, Neilly said:

I never really understand the timing argument. 

A new job can crop up at anytime in all walks of life so who is anyone else to judge moving on to a better opportunity when it crops up?

You have to be selfish in football and this is simply something that Ray McKinnon can't turn down if he has any ambition in the game.

This is silly. A ball hasn’t been kicked for 2 months. Ferguson could have tapped him up at any point before now, instead he’s left at the most awkward possible time

4 hours ago, lwh said:

No no no. Tried, tested and proven please. We need stability 

I don’t think he would leave us just now but I suspect when he does go, Ross Campbell will be a very good appointment for whoever he ends up at. He plays a much bigger role than many realise at Montrose, not only the coaching side of things but with recruitment as well. I know for a fact that he has personally handled the signing of a couple of our new signings this season. 

3 minutes ago, lwh said:

This is silly. A ball hasn’t been kicked for 2 months. Ferguson could have tapped him up at any point before now, instead he’s left at the most awkward possible time

Which has nothing to do with Ray McKinnon.

He can only go for talks when permission is granted. 

3 minutes ago, lwh said:

That's not McKinnons fault though. It's not ideal but I've no issue if he fancies a coaching job in England. He kept us out of the Highland league and owes us nothing.