Partick Thistle vs Livingston - Playoff Final

I know some of these comments are tongue in cheek but fucking hell, don't tempt fate.

Also, I'm not confident. The management team are dunderheids, David Beattie is a w**k, and most of the team are shitebags.  I'd be happy coming away tonight with a draw. Livingston are no mugs.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

I know some of these comments are tongue in cheek but fucking hell, don't tempt fate.

Also, I'm not confident. The management team are dunderheids, David Beattie is a w**k, and most of the team are shitebags.  I'd be happy coming away tonight with a draw. Livingston are no mugs.

It’s called getting behind the team, you should try it. 

Apart from that...

7 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

It’s called getting behind the team, you should try it. 

:lol: Nothing like a condescending, sanctimonious comment eh?

6 minutes ago, stillresigned said:

Apart from that...

I'm not confident. Doesn't mean that I don't want them to win.

2 hours ago, Duszek said:

Right, game day. Let's get this going.

Remind us, Livingston, what is it you offer Scotland exactly?  All I've been able to find is

1. A Tesco distribution centre

image005.jpg?w=777&strip=all

2. Fly-tipping opportunities

JS150579154.jpg

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe interesting, important things are happening down Livingston way. 

(checks the news)

Ah, maybe not,

cat.png

2 hours ago, Hen Broon said:

You really need to get a life. This is a football forum you know.

Dr Livingston I presume?

1 minute ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

:lol: Nothing like a condescending, sanctimonious comment eh?

I'm not confident. Doesn't mean that I don't want them to win.

Hours away from one of the clubs most important games and you’re slating everyone - helpful :1eye

Just now, cilitbang said:

Hours away from one of the clubs most important games and you’re slating everyone - helpful :1eye

Simmer down, I never said everyone.

If I turn out to be wrong, and I do hope that I do, then I will happily post in here later on that I am in fact the dunderheid.

56 minutes ago, Smurph said:

Hope Jordan White still doesn't play, Halkett's decent but I sold him to Morton.

Think White's playing for Barrow these days. Moved to Wrexham when we got relegated to League 1 and hardly played because of illness. Calling Halkett 'decent' is a bit of an insult tbh*

*he might play shite now that I've said that

Looking forward to this, its good to watch us in playoffs without the nerves of relegation, every game's been a bonus since it became clear that we were staying up and its been unbelievable watching us get this far. No pressure on Livi for these two games so I'm sure the team will just go for it and see what happens, still can't imagine us going up but we know how well this team can play, wasn't at the league cup game against Thistle but when we played Hibs we were unlucky not to win so we can handle ourselves against better opposition. 

Hopefully the Partick management believe that we only play long ball. Mon the big physical dirty team.

Thistle to crumble under the pressure filled high tempo game. Thistle fans then to come on and cry about how we're too physical, should've had three reds and have not got enough fans to go up :D 

Think this will be a 0-0 or 1-1 to keep it exciting for the second leg.

Hope Livi come up, no harm to Thistle, I just like a wee change every so often, gets a bit stale playing the same teams all the time (if we had a bigger league we wouldn't have that problem but let's not dive into that barrell). Plus Livi is an easy away day and easy to convince the Mrs into going along by using the idea of shopping as bait. 

2 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I tend to park at the ground but I have been told that there is free parking at St. Margaret's School. Somebody else will be able to confirm but I think it is an easy walk down from there.

Hundreds (maybe even thousands) of parking spaces up the Centre all free after 6PM too.

3 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Thistle to crumble under the pressure filled high tempo game. Thistle fans then to come on and cry about how we're too physical, should've had three reds and have not got enough fans to go up :D 

See to be honest, the fact we didn't go down automatically really surprised me. So these games are a bit of a bonus for us as well, no real complaints if we go down still, we've not been good enough. 

Just now, thistledo said:

See to be honest, the fact we didn't go down automatically really surprised me. So these games are a bit of a bonus for us as well, no real complaints if we go down still, we've not been good enough. 

Your players will still be under pressure trying to stay up though, in our case it all feels a bit surreal that we're even talking about being in the play off final and could be playing in the Premiership next season.

3 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Absolutely. No complaints if we go down, we've been atrocious all year. If Livi go up, I hope they do well.

Come on Jags. Into these cat abandoning, garden-stealing fly tippers.

6 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Your players will still be under pressure trying to stay up though, in our case it all feels a bit surreal that we're even talking about being in the play off final and could be playing in the Premiership next season.

Different type on pressure on Livi, if they don’t go up a lot of the current team will be cherry picked, even the manager too.  The players will obviously want to win but those that move on from the first team will actually be better off at their prospective new clubs. 

23 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Can't speak for all (there'll always be the salty ones) but if we don't beat you, it's 99% going to be all our own fault.  We absolutely should have enough to win a two-legged tie against any Championship team, such is the way the whole process is set up.  But we have been, and continue to be, truly dreadful.  If we get relegated it's our own fault.

Archived