Partick Thistle vs Livingston - Playoff Final

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I like to make stupid suggestions, so here's another one: the second-bottom team should only get a play-off if they achieve a certain number of points - say, 38 as that's a point per game in average. If you get less than that you don't really deserve the second chance, and the winner of the Championship 2-3-4 play-off gets promoted.

Should look up the Serie A/B play off system, I'm fairly sure they have a points cut off which negates the play offs. Seems a decent idea. 

2 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Assuming Livi don't go up, would the boy De Vita cut it elsewhere in the Premiership? He looked handy in the game at Tannadice. 

He had a bit of a run at Ross County...

40 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

IMG_20180517_184249.jpg

soooo... I'd guess thats a 4-4-2? No idea how we lined up against Dundee last time out and how they all fit in, but something like

1. Cerny (GK/The Time Lord)

16.McGinn (RB/meh) 15. Devine (RCB/JUST FUCKING CLEAR IT PLEASE) 4. Cargill (LCB/MOTM) 3. Booth (LB/#dece)

19. Edwards (RM/insert Australian related funny here) 13. Barton (CM/QE2) 37. Woods (CM/ow my thighs hurt) 11. Lawless (LM/WATP)

9. DOOLAN (GOD) 18. BIG CONOR (DA BIG GUY)

?

edit: I'm not sure how that'd work as a 3-5-2 with wingbacks since Edwards and Lawless are tiny and we'd lose every single goal-kick so I doubt it'd be that. Possibly a 4-5-1 of some sort but then where's Doolan/Sammon in that?

2 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Assuming Livi don't go up, would the boy De Vita cut it elsewhere in the Premiership? He looked handy in the game at Tannadice. 

A scarecrow would have run our defence ragged that night.

2 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

soooo... I'd guess thats a 4-4-2? No idea how we lined up against Dundee last time out and how they all fit in, but something like

1. Cerny (GK/The Time Lord)

16.McGinn (RB/meh) 15. Devine (RCB/JUST FUCKING CLEAR IT PLEASE) 4. Cargill (LCB/MOTM) 3. Booth (LB/#dece)

19. Edwards (RM/insert Australian related funny here) 13. Barton (CM/QE2) 37. Woods (CM/ow my thighs hurt) 11. Lawless (LM/WATP)

9. DOOLAN (GOD) 18. BIG CONOR (DA BIG GUY)

?

More of a 4-3-3 just like Dundee.

5 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Not sure what went wrong at County but I haven't seen anything to suggest he couldn't. Got an extra year with us anyway. 

Archived