Rangers 2018/19 European Extravaganza!

KnightswoodBear

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, FifeArab said:

Rangers were well In control but that side were very poor. 2nd goal at the end has probably killed the tie. 1-0 would've been dodgy.

They were absolutely shocking in the first half. Couldn't pass 5 yards and were totally erratic.

2 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

In the 23 minutes that Ejaria was on the park he displayed more technical ability than anyone else involved in the match.

He wasn't probably utilised though. Had to collect the ball far too deep as the forward passes from the other centre midfielders and fullbacks were poor 2nd half.

I'd like to see him play alongside Arfield in a centre 3.

Our midfield injury woes continues, losing Arfy is a bit of a scunner.

Plus sides were Tav going forward and young Middleton who looks a bit of a prospect.

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

Apparently the medical staff are to assess him tomorrow, hopefully it's just a knock.

Went in the dugout, think he just looked knackered, he looked half decent for 30 mins like the rest of yer mob then looked shite for rest of the game. Englandesque?

Rangers should have been 2/3 up at half time but were rank rotten in the second half. Opposition were limited in the extreme and didn't try and do anything. The late, dodgy penalty should be more than enough to see them over the line, as a 1-0 lead could have been a bit nervy.

The worst performance of the night was undoubtedly Kevin Thomson's. He can barely speak English, sounds dour as f**k, provides almost no insight, wit or any form of entertainment value at all. As for him calling the Rangers players by their first names - just spewing everywhere. Hopefully this was a last minute decision and not a long-term plan, as BT would be utterly insufferable to listen to.

10 minutes ago, thepundit said:

Thought that team were much better than Progres. So delighted with the 2-0 win.

Good to get a game so quickly after the Croatia game. Cheered me up a bit at least.

Progres just beat Qabala 2-0 away from home. They were also a lot better organised than this team I thought.

Shkupi were just garbage the first half. Progres were the better side imo.

Watched about 30 minutes of this and was surprised at how poor they were. Largely a lack of decent crosses into the box in that time that kept it tight. Not sure the Macedonian mob have it in them to even try and have a go in the second leg, especially with the late second.

Who are Rangers likely to be playing in the next round?

No wonder Shikendjia (sp) smooshed that league if that was the equivalent of their Hibs.

As slow and bereft of ideas as Stevies “Ger”’s lads were they’ll make it through.  

The Croatian mob, should they get through (1-1 last night with ), will be a much stronger proposition. Having said that they finished 4th last season, 17 points behind Rijeka who were runners up in the league.  Osijek play in Kilmarnock colours and looking at their trajectory are also on the up, like Kilmarnock, having been effectively shit for a number of seasons but finishing fourth in the past couple of years. Interestingly they fucked out PSV Eindhoven last season beating them home and away before succumbing to Austria Vienna in the play off round. So far from an easy tie.

The Romanian mob look shit so that was probably quite a good score for them last night.

Here endeth the update.

I don't dislike Josh Windass because of his thick as shit, spice boy persona or his misplaced arrogance on the park, I dislike him because he's utterly shite.

Morelos isn't up to it either, couldn't keep himself onside if the midfielders tied a rope round his waist and has a head like a 50p piece.  Arfield did well until he visibly tired in the second half and looked like he took a sore one.  The two new centre backs did ok whilst not being tested at all.  Flanagan, at the moment, doesn't look like an improvement on Davie John, but I'm not sure if that is because he's still getting himself fit.

The boy from Liverpool, Ejaria, settled into the game once he came on, but some folk round about me were getting a bit carried away their praise of him.

Middleton looks like he'll give defenders a hard time and I hope he continues to get introduced.

I can see what Gerrard is trying to do with Candeias, but I don't think he can play centrally.

Anyway, highlight of the night was the announcer attempting to say the name of the substitute coming on, Bunjamin Shabani, and laughing halfway through.

Sevco, giving no fucks since 2012.

43 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Watched about 30 minutes of this and was surprised at how poor they were. Largely a lack of decent crosses into the box in that time that kept it tight. Not sure the Macedonian mob have it in them to even try and have a go in the second leg, especially with the late second.

Who are Rangers likely to be playing in the next round?

Osijek probably. Croatian 4th place finishers.

1 hour ago, Forest of Dean said:

Osijek probably. Croatian 4th place finishers.

Would expect that to be a much harder test. Good sign that we will see both Rangers and Hibs in the next round, and both with difficult, but winnable ties. Ideally both will go one round further, and Aberdeen will give Burnley a bitch slap on the way. All 3 in the 3rd qualifying round would be an excellent result for the Scottish game, but would require huge luck in the draw to go further.

Archived