8 minutes ago, ApacheSon said:

Jordan Hart released by Ayr, could be a shout for a keeper

Would be a really good signing imo. He made a few mistakes last season, but he's still really, really young for a 'keeper and looks like he needs the arm-round shoulder management that Stevie would give him. 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interview with Stevie on the OS where he says:
"All being well, we will announce another addition at the end of the weekend and I'm pretty sure that Sons fans will see the type of player we want to bring in.
Forbes is actually happening, isn't it?
Well, yes it is. [emoji16]

2 hours ago, fuzzball said:

Forbes is actually happening, isn't it?
Well, yes it is. emoji16.png

If it doesnt happen you will be hounded by M,oonster with a drum and a posse of tambourine wielding maniacs led by BBPF.

Jordan Hart released by Ayr, could be a shout for a keeper

Would be a really good signing imo. He made a few mistakes last season, but he's still really, really young for a 'keeper and looks like he needs the arm-round shoulder management that Stevie would give him. 

After his mistakes he was completely shot of any confidence.

Think Aitken would be the ideal manager to boost his confidence as I feel McCall will be more “tough love” than “arm round the shoulder”.

Alright team, how did Daniel Harvie do in the championship for you guys? Think he would do us a turn? The reason I ask is McCall has said he’s offered a contract to a LB and due to the lack of rumours down Somerset I’ve been desperately searching to see who it could be. Other names I’ve came up with is Jordan Marshall, Callum Crane and Jason Talbot. 

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

Alright team, how did Daniel Harvie do in the championship for you guys? Think he would do us a turn? The reason I ask is McCall has said he’s offered a contract to a LB and due to the lack of rumours down Somerset I’ve been desperately searching to see who it could be. Other names I’ve came up with is Jordan Marshall, Callum Crane and Jason Talbot. 

Harvie would be an outstanding signing for you lot. No offence intended but I'd imagine he could get himself a more established Championship side.

2 hours ago, optimistic said:

Gregor Buchanan away to morton, should never have left us

Let's be honest, even if he hadn't left us when he did and signed for last season... he would still have moved to the likes of Morton just now. He is miles too good for league 1.

Let's be honest, even if he hadn't left us when he did and signed for last season... he would still have moved to the likes of Morton just now. He is miles too good for league 1.

Definitely, but to move to st Mirren, to be punted, then livi, to be punted, maybe some players should realise, that the grass is not always greener, and stay where you’re happy, and appreciated. Yes, I know they all want to be higher up the leagues, pushing themselves, but I’d like to see more loyalty from players, and I’m not necessarily having a pop at them.

On 07/06/2018 at 14:38, Mr.Blue said:

If you're looking for a right back in that formation Mikey Doyle is the man. Defensively solid and runs all day. Duffy tries to use him as our attacking option on the right which he isn't very good at but with Barr or Forbes in front of him he'd be a great addition to your squad.

He's good at it at League 1 level, his power and engine mean he is a real menace bursting up from RB, even if his final ball is a bit erratic. 

3 hours ago, lorenzo71 said:

Patience will be the death of us even if its key

Patience turned out not to be the key last season. I've no reason to think it'll be any different this time round.

3 minutes ago, rockson said:

Patience turned out not to be the key last season. I've no reason to think it'll be any different this time round.

Yeah i agree entirely ..was just paying lip service to PITK...'KIN HATE IT

10 hours ago, rockson said:

I don't know what to think to be honest. I'd rather Stevie waited to secure talent like Forbes than tossed deals out to everyone under the sun (as we seemed to do a bit last season), but obviously that comes with an element of risk.

We've obviously lost 18 players officially (though that's really 19 because Boomer's off to Ross County afaik),but I reckon we'll run with a squad of 16 or 17 which seems to be what both Ayr United and Raith Rovers did last year - strong starting XIs with little in reserve. Assuming that is to be the case I'd expect maybe four or five more 'known' signings (eg guys like Dyer, Forbes and Barr) and then a collection of less well known guys and loanees to pad out the squad.

If we can start pre-season with a core of *Decent 'Keeper*, Dowie, Mango, Hutton, Forbes, B.Barr, *Striker* then I think Stevie will have done pretty well all things considered.

Of course if we'd like to #AnnounceForbes today then that might help lift spirits a bit ;)

Archived