• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I see you've changed your team to Dumbarton from Rovers. Not only are we stealing all of their old players, we're stealing their fans too. By the end of the season the only thing left to steal will be the title* 8)

*Yes, I am absolutely getting carried away with today's news.

I suspect that rather than being a Rovers fan he was more someone with connections to Rovers who now has connections to Dumbarton instead.

2 minutes ago, optimistic said:

Great signing.

What’s the latest with nade? Not been sacked or released?

Out of contract and likely won't play football again.  Very real possibility he ends up in the jail.

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I suspect that rather than being a Rovers fan he was more someone with connections to Rovers who now has connections to Dumbarton instead.

Aye, my spidey sense tells me he's a pal of Bobby Barr.

That’s an excellent signing. For whatever reason, he just wasn’t fit for us at the start of last season and was ruled out for the rest of it around December time. It’s only a year ago that he was nominated for player of the season and had roughly 20 assists and over 10 goals in the one season. If you can get him fit then this is an exceptional signing. Put 2 runners either side of him and he’ll stroll it. 

If we can secure a competent keeper, right back and a goalscoring striker we have a very decent starting 11 for this level.

I do think Gallagher will do better dropping down a league but I'm not sure I want to go into the season depending on him being the main striker. He's a grafter but I think we'd benefit from a fox in the box type, especially with a guy like Forbes playing in behind.

I just hope Aitken doesn't fancy Forbes as a winger with Handling playing in behind the striker.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Dundee United

Apparently we’ve been looking at him, would probably be a good option off the Bench

Some of the opinions here on Froxy read like a psycho-analysis! I think he’d do fine at United. Useful player to have in an attacking team and if you give him the ball he’s likely to do something whether that is a pass to a teammate, or a corner/ free kick/ goal. His limitations in a Sons shirt were as much the way the team was set up to defend as any flaws in the player’s character (if he didn’t have flaws he wouldn’t be playing at this level). Impact sub too. Don’t expect him to defend or be a physical presence. All of his skill is with the ball.

If we can secure a competent keeper, right back and a goalscoring striker we have a very decent starting 11 for this level.

I do think Gallagher will do better dropping down a league but I'm not sure I want to go into the season depending on him being the main striker. He's a grafter but I think we'd benefit from a fox in the box type, especially with a guy like Forbes playing in behind.

I just hope Aitken doesn't fancy Forbes as a winger with Handling playing in behind the striker.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

I suspect handling wont be signing, if he did he would struggle to get a game ahead of a half fit Forbes.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Unless Forbes is deployed on the wing...

I know we had some strange decisions last year but I would hope Aitken hasn't completely lost his marbles and puts Ross Forbes as the first name in the centre of the pitch and then decides who plays round him. Shunting him wide would be a sackable offence IMO.

10 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I know we had some strange decisions last year but I would hope Aitken hasn't completely lost his marbles and puts Ross Forbes as the first name in the centre of the pitch and then decides who plays round him. Shunting him wide would be a sackable offence IMO.

He played out wide for us during his best spell the season before last. If you can get a right back who can run all day (Mikey Doyle) he'll be good out there. 

If Carswell and Calum Gallagher decided to sign up this week then I'd be pretty happy with our weeks work. We would essentially be a goalkeeper, right back and another forward player off of a very good starting 11.  We'll probably steal a loan or two from somewhere as well.  This is certainly a much more promising squad build than last summer, but a long way to go yet.

Just now, Wardy said:

Did you guys offer Handling a contract? Wouldn’t mind him pitching back up at Kirkcaldy. 

We did, aye. Feel free to help yourself to him though - a couple of stunning goals aside he's done very little.

Archived