West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

Aye he’s no bad at it , no idea where he will end up next season , probably the premiership 
He will have suitors from far and wide offering him riches but he will have a decision to make
Does he join a club with deep pockets and a handful of fans or continue to play for a people and a cause in front of an ever growing support in there centenary season ?
For me it's a easy decision but then again I'm just a fan

46 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

A fit Ricki Hanvey will be hard to beat as the best centre mid in the league.

You think?

Im not so sure about that.

I think Darvels league position says it’s probably not going to be a Darvel player.

Although Paul Cameron a few seasons ago could have been.

Edited by iPhone

There is a lot of good players in the teams at the bottom end of the league who certainly could get a game with teams at the top end and even the league above but I wouldn’t think any of them could be classed the leagues best player.

I said earlier that Paul Cameron could have been a few years ago and I do believe that. Also Girvan have a player in their ranks that I remember from years ago who I also thought was a great player in his prime, it’s the boy Mitchell, I’m sure it’s the same person. 

There is a lot of good players in the teams at the bottom end of the league who certainly could get a game with teams at the top end and even the league above but I wouldn’t think any of them could be classed the leagues best player.
I said earlier that Paul Cameron could have been a few years ago and I do believe that. Also Girvan have a player in their ranks that I remember from years ago who I also thought was a great player in his prime, it’s the boy Mitchell, I’m sure it’s the same person. 

Mitchell was a great striker few years back, think he got a horrible injury and quit, played amateur for a bit then back junior. Got capped for Scotland at Junior level. Him and Moffat were some partnership

47 minutes ago, Terry Tibbs said:

Mitchell was a great striker few years back, think he got a horrible injury and quit, played amateur for a bit then back junior. Got capped for Scotland at Junior level. Him and Moffat were some partnership

Thought it was the same person...

The boy Dyer at Craigmark also looks like a talented boy most times I’ve seen him.

louis Kerr at Whitletts is also a cracking player!

Bollocks. He was honking at glencairn hence why he’s not there as he’s not good enough
To be fair to Del McNab, he very rarely got to play as a striker for Glencairn as we had Gary Smith and Jay McKay banging in goals in the last couple of seasons. He was generally used wide on the right or left, and never lacked for effort and attitude. But the best player in the league ? Never in a million years, sorry Del. [emoji23]

8 hours ago, glensmad said:

To be fair to Del McNab, he very rarely got to play as a striker for Glencairn as we had Gary Smith and Jay McKay banging in goals in the last couple of seasons. He was generally used wide on the right or left, and never lacked for effort and attitude. But the best player in the league ? Never in a million years, sorry Del. emoji23.png

Best player in the league this season, don’t judge him on what he had done in previous seasons.

If you still feel the same then that’s fine but because he didn’t play as well at Glencairn is different.

Best player in the league this season, don’t judge him on what he had done in previous seasons.
If you still feel the same then that’s fine but because he didn’t play as well at Glencairn is different.
Never in a million years. And Del is my pal, we talk regularly. He would agree with me.