West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

59 minutes ago, froggie said:

And yet Albert and Lugar managed to get their game finished not too far away ...and quite a decent watch it was too.

The main drain was replaced by the council in the close season which sorted out all the drainage problems in previous seasons. Probably one of the best pitches around now.

4 hours ago, Ceejayar said:

Followed darvel since I was 7 years old, 38 years ago. Never any weapons at the football.

Describe the person that had a weapon at a Dalry game, or describe the committee member that seen it. Please tell us so this person can be arrested. 

I can guarantee that not one young boy from Dalry took a weapon to watch Dalry Thistle play football. Also, do you not think the Darvel boys would have more serious injuries considering they were fighting with Dalry outside the ground? you know, knuckledusters & all.

The person from the St Roch game that was threatening to do stuff has been identified & was not from Dalry & will not be at a Dalry game ever again. Just another person coming out because it was against St Roch.

Edited by Bakkali

1 hour ago, santheman said:

The main drain was replaced by the council in the close season which sorted out all the drainage problems in previous seasons. Probably one of the best pitches around now.

I guessed something must have happened, as to go from notoriously dodgy to what I saw yesterday seemed unlikely without intervention.

37 minutes ago, Bakkali said:

Describe the person that had a weapon at a Dalry game, or describe the committee member that seen it. Please tell us so this person can be arrested. 

I can guarantee that not one young boy from Dalry took a weapon to watch Dalry Thistle play football. Also, do you not think the Darvel boys would have more serious injuries considering they were fighting with Dalry outside the ground? you know, knuckledusters & all.

The person from the St Roch game that was threatening to do stuff has been identified & was not from Dalry & will not be at a Dalry game ever again. Just another person coming out because it was against St Roch.

I messaged you privately on the matter after the game.

Well done like I said last week the Dalry staff and fans were excellent last week and it's great to see you sort out the rouge individual threatening to undo all your good work quickly [emoji106]

4 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Well done like I said last week the Dalry staff and fans were excellent last week and it's great to see you sort out the rouge individual threatening to undo all your good work quickly emoji106.png

I'm Moulin that one over.

Well guys,I'd be Lyon if I didn't admit to being more than a Lille irked to discover that what could have been a meaningful discussion on the merits of a wee artist with really short legs and a cleft palette ( Degas put his boot through it :() has somehow become a mini Tours de France.

Hopefully jimbo will rue this diversion and get us back on Letrec. :angry:

Edited by tommyboy

3 hours ago, glensmad said:

What do we reckon will be the points requirement for promotion now, given that a few of the teams at the top of the table have still to play each other ?

Tough one but I think you will need a minimum of 65 given the remaining fixtures. Think 67 will get you up.

It might be less but that's my thinking.

26 minutes ago, BeverleyHills said:

Tough one but I think you will need a minimum of 65 given the remaining fixtures. Think 67 will get you up.

It might be less but that's my thinking.

As you say, a hard one to call. Not sure if you are better having the top 5 still to play and try and cut them, or have played them and play teams from lower down. We (Rossvale) only have Glencairn to play (away) from the 5 contenders, but still have games to catch up. Some massive games coming up. I think 67 will be there or there abouts as well. Lots of twists and turns ahead