West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

The league is shaping up well with some interesting fixtures still to come.

There should be some good battles at both ends of the table as the 3rd relegation spot should provide interest as well as the promotion battles at the top.

Edited by iPhone

4 hours ago, iPhone said:

The league is shaping up well with some interesting fixtures still to come.

There should be some good battles at both ends of the table as the 3rd relegation spot should provide interest as well as the promotion battles at the top.

Only thing I disagree with in new set up is I think 4th place in championship should be in a play off with 4th bottom team in premiership over 2 legs I think that would keep interest going right to the end of the 30 games cause I’m sure there will be a lot of teams come March who will neither can go up or down 

teams like whitletts , Kilsyth st rochs etc 

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

Only thing I disagree with in new set up is I think 4th place in championship should be in a play off with 4th bottom team in premiership over 2 legs I think that would keep interest going right to the end of the 30 games cause I’m sure there will be a lot of teams come March who will neither can go up or down 

teams like whitletts , Kilsyth st rochs etc 

I think for the number of teams in the league that 3 promotion teams are sufficient.

Bemused by idea of the three up and meaningless games in our division. Nobody know what next summer might bring regarding the league set up. Clydebank stated last summer they were for the off in 2019. And Selkirk in the LL went tits up this season, who takes that extra spot? Now there’s talk of LL2 and SFL3. Truth is nobody can be sure what league they’ll be in next summer. Will there even be a Juniors?

Edited by Glenconner

10 hours ago, Glenconner said:

Bemused by idea of the three up and meaningless games in our division. Nobody know what next summer might bring regarding the league set up. Clydebank stated last summer they were for the off in 2019. And Selkirk in the LL went tits up this season, who takes that extra spot? Now there’s talk of LL2 and SFL3. Truth is nobody can be sure what league they’ll be in next summer. Will there even be a Juniors?

I think the SJFA wii approve  the setting up of a new sructure in which it will effectively become part of the SFA and the west region will achieve the same status as the east of scotland league. There will then be no incentive for Clydebank, or any other club to leave for the east. It probably won't happen in time for season 2019-20 but the following one. Any clubs which don't fancy this setup for reasons of travelling expense or whatever, can drop into the amateur leagues which is probably the right level for them in any case.

4 minutes ago, garrellburn said:

I think the SJFA wii approve  the setting up of a new sructure in which it will effectively become part of the SFA and the west region will achieve the same status as the east of scotland league. There will then be no incentive for Clydebank, or any other club to leave for the east. It probably won't happen in time for season 2019-20 but the following one. Any clubs which don't fancy this setup for reasons of travelling expense or whatever, can drop into the amateur leagues which is probably the right level for them in any case.

Maybe some of the more ambitious amateur clubs could step up to the juniors.

Billy Xboswell has mentioned a lot really good things Bonnyton are doing and is sounds to me as if a proactive team like them would be a great addition to the junior set up.

1 hour ago, iPhone said:

Billy Xboswell has mentioned a lot really good things Bonnyton are doing and is sounds to me as if a proactive team like them would be a great addition to the junior set up.

With respect guys ... I can’t speak on behalf of Bonnyton Thistle but I don’t think they would see this move as a “Step up” going Juniors 

Bonnyton still have a long way to go but I think they have bigger plans for the future ....

They have just invested >£100K on Clubhouse, Changing Rooms etc. and next on the agenda is to install a covered stand/seating area 

PS ... now way am I saying that this team are any better than local Junior teams but they are better than some I have seen in the past 

I think if Bonnyton or most ammies were to go junior they’d loose most of the players who play for them just my opinion

44 minutes ago, Billy XBoswell said:

With respect guys ... I can’t speak on behalf of Bonnyton Thistle but I don’t think they would see this move as a “Step up” going Juniors 

Bonnyton still have a long way to go but I think they have bigger plans for the future ....

They have just invested >£100K on Clubhouse, Changing Rooms etc. and next on the agenda is to install a covered stand/seating area 

PS ... now way am I saying that this team are any better than local Junior teams but they are better than some I have seen in the past 

Surely the set up with teams like Beith and Hurlford is a step up? They might not start there but that’s what they could be rubbing shoulders with in the juniors.

15 minutes ago, iPhone said:

Surely the set up with teams like Beith and Hurlford is a step up? They might not start there but that’s what they could be rubbing shoulders with in the juniors.

I agree ... although not up to date re new intended Pyramid system (Confusing.com)  .... is it not possible that teams like Bonnyton could leapfrog some of these teams?

No, Yes, & Yes I think so 

Bonnyton Thistle play “Big Guns” from EOS, Camelon Juniors in a playoff 8th December with winners qualifying for 1st round of next seasons William  Hill Scottish Cup 

Bonnyton will be massive underdogs going in to this one but what an opportunity for a team only in their 2nd season 

19 minutes ago, Billy XBoswell said:

I agree ... although not up to date re new intended Pyramid system (Confusing.com)  .... is it not possible that teams like Bonnyton could leapfrog some of these teams?

I must agree, the new pyramid system is very confusing.

31 minutes ago, Billy XBoswell said:

Therefore if this is the case .... it is possible that current junior players (with ambitions) might want to join a club like Bonnyton 

just  putting it out there 

I find that juniors don’t go for ambition, more for the wages.

Edited by iPhone

3 hours ago, garrellburn said:

The theory is the West Region move as a block when the time comes. Problem is if something comes in from the left side and throws out something like a LL2 or a West of Scotland league. Might well be the case half the clubs in this league might be interested never mind those in the league above. Even the EoS debacle last summer saw the West Region lose a club in Dunipace. I’ve no doubt the likes of Rutherglen Glencairn or Rosevale and a few others from this league could compete in the Lowland League.

Why do you think that?
Oh .. I forgot... Not only teams that beat you and are above you in League are pish, therefore using the same logic this also goes for players too !!!!!
I didn't realise that you are also a Scout but FYI I know players were approached by a couple of local Junior teams beginning of this season also one was approached by a Senior club to join their first team squad and never went
Therefore i don't know how you have came to that conclusion DL

Edited by Billy XBoswell