West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

It seems folk are desperate for the juniors to move into being part of the senior game in some type of pyramid system

I can't understand why unless those advocating the move are looking to line there pockets and grease there palms

I have no interest in the senior game and it's dependence on TV money

If I wanted to visit flash stadiums and pay through the nose I would just go back to following Celtic but I prefer the juniors warts and all that's part of the reason I gave up Celtic to follow the juniors home and away

1 hour ago, Billy XBoswell said:

Why do you think that?
Oh .. I forgot... Not only grams that beat you and are above you in League are pish, therefore using the same logic this also goes for players too !!!!!
I didn't realise that you are also a Scout but FYI I know players wete approached by a couple of local Junior teams beginning of this season also one was approached by a Senior club to join their first team squad and never went
Therfote i don't know how you have came to that conclusion

You’re boring everyone now.

1 hour ago, griffiti on the wall said:

It seems folk are desperate for the juniors to move into being part of the senior game in some type of pyramid system

I can't understand why unless those advocating the move are looking to line there pockets and grease there palms

I have no interest in the senior game and it's dependence on TV money

If I wanted to visit flash stadiums and pay through the nose I would just go back to following Celtic but I prefer the juniors warts and all that's part of the reason I gave up Celtic to follow the juniors home and away

It's not just folk on here - you do realise that all but 4 of the 125 clubs voted for the SJFA to get them into the pyramid at the AGM back in June?

Just like St Roch's are able to get promoted to the West Premiership, teams in that division should have the opportunity to gain promotion to the Lowland League if they win (and if they have the facilities).

And I think you're getting mixed up between "senior" and the SPFL (Premiership) - non-league senior clubs like Leith Athletic or Dunbar United don't depend on TV money. The ex-Junior clubs who are now in the East of Scotland League haven't put up their prices up now that they've joined the senior pyramid - I don't see those in the West Juniors would do so either.

It's not just folk on here - you do realise that all but 4 of the 125 clubs voted for the SJFA to get them into the pyramid at the AGM back in June?
Just like St Roch's are able to get promoted to the West Premiership, teams in that division should have the opportunity to gain promotion to the Lowland League if they win (and if they have the facilities).
And I think you're getting mixed up between "senior" and the SPFL (Premiership) - non-league senior clubs like Leith Athletic or Dunbar United don't depend on TV money. The ex-Junior clubs who are now in the East of Scotland League haven't put up their prices up now that they've joined the senior pyramid - I don't see those in the West Juniors would do so either.
Our club voted in favour not for some great rush to leave the grade but as not to stop the more ambitious clubs moving up .
Surely the ambition is to play in the main senior leagues cos I can't imagine anyone desperate to play in the lowland league against made up teams with no fans eg bsc Glasgow and edusport

1 hour ago, yoyopack said:

A big thanks to Billy Boswell for his completely irrelevant points about Bonnyton.

We are here to talk about the West Championship.

Goodbye Billy. 

I never brought Bonnyton in to this thread ... just responded, it’s a fitba forum not about your ego ... so no Ta Ta  from me 

My point being that there is already a perfectly nice wee section of P&B to talk about SoS clubs and a fairly reasonable section of P&B to talk about the money grabbing, soap dodging, EoS clubs (Dunipace excepted cos they moved for different reasons)...this just isn't the correct place for it.

I just want to read the Championship vitriol on this one.