Do you use soap?

What do you use in the shower/bath?   

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Was that the big blocks of red soap they stuck on the sink in the bogs in school? Between that and the razor sharp tracing paper toilet roll you were expected to wipe your arse with, the kids of today don't know how good they've got it with their soap dispensers and their 2-ply velvet bog roll. 

Remember praying that your arse was going to slam shut after the plop. Using that stuff to wipe your nipsy was like a painter trying to paint a wall with a hammer.

Being over 35 I prefer soap. Have used body wash from time to time but I find it wasteful. When hill walking etc a wee bar of soap in a sealy bag is handy.

As for washing hands, I had to go 'other' as I use whatever is to hand if you excuse the pun. We have hand wash in the kitchen and 2 bogs but I use the shower soap in the en suite.  If soap is going to become a thing of the past I'll have to stock up. A better question would be 'bath or shower'.

I was broke in Tel Aviv for a bit when young and slept on the riverside outside a youth hostel, nipping in for a free breakfast and shower in the mornings. First time I'd come across a shared shower room where you pass the soap around, so wiping the soap around my arse and balls and passing it on didn't go down well.

5 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

I keep bars of soap by the sink and by the shower mainly because I'm a bit of a hippie and don't like using plastic bottles  unnecessarily. 

I'm coming round to this way of thinking since recycling has turned out to be a sham, as it was mostly shipped to Chinese landfill sites because it was too contaminated to be recycled, and China have refused to take any more. That and the oceans becoming a big plastic dustbin. Not sure how all the plastic gets into the sea, most of it must get deliberately dumped rather than blown in the air from rubbish dumps. 

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I believe in taking care of myself, and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply a herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturiser, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturising protective lotion.

20 hours and almost two pages this took. P&B has gone right downhill these days.

I believe in taking care of myself, and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply a herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturiser, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturising protective lotion.

Erse

this would seem the correct procedure Patrick

28 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm coming round to this way of thinking since recycling has turned out to be a sham, as it was mostly shipped to Chinese landfill sites because it was too contaminated to be recycled, and China have refused to take any more. That and the oceans becoming a big plastic dustbin. Not sure how all the plastic gets into the sea, most of it must get deliberately dumped rather than blown in the air from rubbish dumps. 

I'm looking for different ways of reducing my personal plastic use, I even bought some wee reusable bags for buying loose fruit and veg. 8) It makes me really sad when the latest whale, dolphin or turtle washes up on a beach and is found to have a stomach full of plastic bags.

Edited by Rizzo

20 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Now that I've reeled you all in with a tap in joke about how Dundonians/Weegies etc delete as appropriate don't use soap I felt the need to ask the 'burning' question. 

I saw on a TV show earlier (dunno what it was) that the bar of soap could become obsolete as most people under the age of 35 don't use it and prefer to use other methods. 

I am under 35 and I still use a bar of soap so this naturally, came as a shock. Although I do have shower gel/body wash and antibacterial hand soap at the toilet, the bar of soap is still utilised on occasion. What is your preference?

I use soap for the first layer of wash in a shower and then fire the shower gel on.  I just use plain Dove and, having used it for so long, if I ever forget to take it with me to a hotel and need to use just bodywash I don't really feel that clean.

19 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

I'm looking for different ways of reducing my personal plastic use, I even bought some wee reusable bags for buying loose fruit and veg. 8) It makes me really sad when the latest whale, dolphin or turtle washes up on a beach and is found to have a stomach full of plastic bags.

We've been good at recycling for years, still do composting but we struggle with the plastics. I'm guessing with the focus on it at the moment things might change but its in every part of our lives. Can only see legislation being the answer, even if its just a case of making sure we only use recyclable plastic, there's plenty that is use once and bin because its cheaper.

I was broke in Tel Aviv for a bit when young and slept on the riverside outside a youth hostel, nipping in for a free breakfast and shower in the mornings. First time I'd come across a shared shower room where you pass the soap around, so wiping the soap around my arse and balls and passing it on didn't go down well.

U've lived some life m8

On 6/9/2018 at 18:28, Patrick Bateman said:

Wouldn't expect anything less from PB, to be honest.  Pampering yourself while mutilating the bodies of others.

On 10/06/2018 at 01:09, Rizzo said:

I keep bars of soap by the sink and by the shower mainly because I'm a bit of a hippie and don't like using plastic bottles  unnecessarily. 

What sort of shite hippy is happy to see whales slaughtered for their soap to save a bit of plastic?

I’ve been using these foaming scouerer pad things. A bit like a pot scourer for people. It’s impregnated with soapy stuff, smells nice, is squidgy like a sponge but has a mesh around it. Can use it for everything - shaving, as soap, shampoo. Works on the dog too. Would recommend.