Do you use soap?

What do you use in the shower/bath?   

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Now that I've reeled you all in with a tap in joke about how Dundonians/Weegies etc delete as appropriate don't use soap I felt the need to ask the 'burning' question. 

I saw on a TV show earlier (dunno what it was) that the bar of soap could become obsolete as most people under the age of 35 don't use it and prefer to use other methods. 

I am under 35 and I still use a bar of soap so this naturally, came as a shock. Although I do have shower gel/body wash and antibacterial hand soap at the toilet, the bar of soap is still utilised on occasion. What is your preference?

Edited by Ludo*1

Only use shower gel and liquid soap dispensers. Still have soap bars in the house for elderly family members but they're cracked and grimy from underuse.  I miss the smell of coal tar soap tbh, and an early memory of Marseille soap on my first trip abroad.

30 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

I like to add to my bath a proprietary blend of jasmine, lavender, rosehips and a little Tahitian vanilla.

^^^baths in ice cream, water's expensive over there.

I use handwash but in defence of a bar of soap, my gran used to always buy one of those big bars of Imperial Leather and they'd last about a year, right until all you had left was the label on the front and a scraping of soap on the underside.

4 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Anybody remember carbolic?

Was that the big blocks of red soap they stuck on the sink in the bogs in school? Between that and the razor sharp tracing paper toilet roll you were expected to wipe your arse with, the kids of today don't know how good they've got it with their soap dispensers and their 2-ply velvet bog roll. 

47 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Was that the big blocks of red soap they stuck on the sink in the bogs in school? Between that and the razor sharp tracing paper toilet roll you were expected to wipe your arse with, the kids of today don't know how good they've got it with their soap dispensers and their 2-ply velvet bog roll. 

You had soap and toilet roll? Lucky bassa!

3 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Aye - I think the stuff was like a solid block of Germolene...certainly smelled like it.

You're talking about Izal bog roll I think, which almost unbelievably is still a thing. It effectively WAS tracing paper...completely smooth, so without scrunching up was incapable of doing anything but smearing shite over a wider area. Once scrunched up, it had similar properties to wiping your arse with a handful of broken glass - by rights, it should have been banned by the Geneva Convention.

loo_roll_izal_old.jpg

Edited by Hillonearth

50 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Aye - I think the stuff was like a solid block of Germolene...certainly smelled like it.

You're talking about Izal bog roll I think, which almost unbelievably is still a thing. It effectively WAS tracing paper...completely smooth, so without scrunching up was incapable of doing anything but smearing shite over a wider area. Once scrunched up, it had similar properties to wiping your arse with a handful of broken glass - by rights, it should have been banned by the Geneva Convention.

loo_roll_izal_old.jpg

That's the stuff. Go to wipe your arse and before you know it it's slid halfway up your back. 

What sort of madmen pass this stuff for use? Ones that don't use it themselves I'd wager. It would be akin to using a carrier bag to clean your nipsy, I would imagine.