FIFA 19

FifeArab

Thought I'd get a kicking on player picks for only getting Silver 2, and so it proved.  Got some 80 rated Serie A player that isn't even close to good enough to bother any of the players I already had.  Triffic.  Nothing much from the packs either, but at least it fires a few more mid-rated Golds into the club for SBCs.

Rivals rewards were not much better.  Managed Elite 1 in Division 6 and took the untradeable packs.  Started off great with a 90 rated Courtois, who will be great for SBCs.  Got absolutely f**k all in the other 5 packs though.  

18 minutes ago, YHallSaint said:

Got Chiellini and Martin in my player picks so fairly happy with that

Took the untradeable to stock my club out and got nothing then got this beauty in my weekend league reward packs

IMG_0870.jpg

Nice. I had his 90 card for a weekend league and he was class. 5* weak makes him deadly from anywhere.

Nice. I had his 90 card for a weekend league and he was class. 5* weak makes him deadly from anywhere.

I’m going to sell him, he doesn’t fit in my team. Will get about 1.4 million coins for him so I’ve got a few options

I’m thinking second IF Van Dijk to replace Vertonghen, Pogba to replace Jorginho and IF Hazard to replace Richarlison or

Bale, Casemiro, IF Carvahal, Varane and Courtois to have that down the right side of my team

Going to have a play about with options I’m undecided whether Kante would maybe worth bringing in I’ve heard he’s brilliant but I wasn’t keen on him last year I preferred Pogba

11 minutes ago, YHallSaint said:

Going to have a play about with options I’m undecided whether Kante would maybe worth bringing in I’ve heard he’s brilliant but I wasn’t keen on him last year I preferred Pogba

I think it depends where you're going to play him. Kante had been one of my best players this year until the recent patch. He doesn't seem to track runs the same way as he used to, and can't catch up with people as easily now, so I've actually benched him for Fred until I decide what to do.

That's in a flat 4-4-2 though. I suspect he'd be better as a defensive midfielder, rather than CM.  I've also not seen others complain about the change affecting Kante but I've found it very noticable.

Pogba is fantastic though.

I think it depends where you're going to play him. Kante had been one of my best players this year until the recent patch. He doesn't seem to track runs the same way as he used to, and can't catch up with people as easily now, so I've actually benched him for Fred until I decide what to do.
That's in a flat 4-4-2 though. I suspect he'd be better as a defensive midfielder, rather than CM.  I've also not seen others complain about the change affecting Kante but I've found it very noticable.
Pogba is fantastic though.

I play 4-3-2-1 so it’s 3 cm. I’ve got Fabinho sitting in the middle and staying back, De Bruyne in a free roam supporting and Jorginho as a sort of box to box. I think I’ll go Pogba I loved him last year and I’ve seen a lot of pros use him

5 hours ago, YHallSaint said:

I’m going to sell him, he doesn’t fit in my team. Will get about 1.4 million coins for him so I’ve got a few options

I’m thinking second IF Van Dijk to replace Vertonghen, Pogba to replace Jorginho and IF Hazard to replace Richarlison or

Bale, Casemiro, IF Carvahal, Varane and Courtois to have that down the right side of my team

Get Varane, Pogba and IF Lala

Packed a totw Aubamayang today. Sold him for 700000. Bought Marcelo, Kroos, Busquets, Modric. Got spare change from this. La Liga team. 

Refuse to change my forwards. Their link up play is class, Williams pace is electric in Rodrigo’s shooting is as good as anyone’s in the game IMO

Btw Any further suggestions on how to improve are welcome. First season at this

D3FEBBED-4B26-409C-89A2-DF8D7409CF67.jpeg

Edited by HEY_SIDNEY

Nice team ^^^

Opened my Rivals pack and got feck all so now im refusing to open the packs just going to collect them all up for a few weeks and try grab a TOTY which will be unlikely as pack weight gets dire during promos. EA make a load of cash though so they win again.

24 minutes ago, Yonas said:

Nice team ^^^

Opened my Rivals pack and got feck all so now im refusing to open the packs just going to collect them all up for a few weeks and try grab a TOTY which will be unlikely as pack weight gets dire during promos. EA make a load of cash though so they win again.

Thanks mate appreciate that. 

Got 2 picks for FUT Champions - Werner 87 & Sulejmani 84 

Then packed  aubamayang, Bakayako & Hanni TOTW in divisional rivals rewards. 

Got very lucky this week. Finally

11 minutes ago, HEY_SIDNEY said:

Thanks mate appreciate that. 

Got 2 picks for FUT Champions - Werner 87 & Sulejmani 84 

Then packed  aubamayang, Bakayako & Hanni TOTW in divisional rivals rewards. 

Got very lucky this week. Finally

That’s amazing luck, well in. Really like the look of that Werner, I used his 85 a while back and he was brilliant. 

14 hours ago, HEY_SIDNEY said:
Packed a totw Aubamayang today. Sold him for 700000. Bought Marcelo, Kroos, Busquets, Modric. Got spare change from this. La Liga team. 

Refuse to change my forwards. Their link up play is class, Williams pace is electric in Rodrigo’s shooting is as good as anyone’s in the game IMO

Btw Any further suggestions on how to improve are welcome. First season at this
D3FEBBED-4B26-409C-89A2-DF8D7409CF67.thumb.jpeg.ef96fbef33bf8ae6129645ad04617683.jpeg

IMG_7807.jpg

My pack luck has been absolutely unreal this year... I think the best I packed over the last 2 or 3 years was Neuer. This year I’ve packed probably at least 8 cards well over the 100k mark. Plus Pogba recently who went for around 500k. Zola is untradable from the icon SBC, once you do it once it’s pretty cheap to do it again and try another one, had Vieiri initially who was quality but seemed a bit of a cart horse. Did it again to get Zola and I packed matuidi from the rewards. I love Kroos, either foot from outside the box he is deadly.

Will be interesting to see who is in the Prime Icons Set 3. I really want a beast of a midfielder probably to replace Modric. I could play anyone upfront with Messi to be honest, he is absolutely unreal.

Edited by Mallo_Madrid

I think pack weight has been slightly higher this time around, I'm not buying that it's purely luck.  I've managed to get Pogba twice, and he's basically kept me afloat with the near million coins that brought in.  Plenty of other big pulls too, only really missing an Icon, which is obviously massively rare.  

After the arse collapsed out of my team post-WL exploits, and I had to play a ridiculous number of games to keep at Elite 1 in Rivals, I've decided that the IF players just aren't worth the extra.  88 Immobile, 87 Pjanic and 88 Koulibaly all out the door, netting me about 450k.  Keeping Szczczczczceznee (he seems worth it) and Suso (bae).  Won't really miss Pjanic and will pick up regular Koulibaly to fill that gap, but who should I get to replace Immobile?  Playing a 3-4-2-1 with Insigne and Suso playing close to him, and currently have Dzeko CL as a backup (as well as Gignac as a supersub).  Thought of just having Mertens and Immobile NIF and rotate around, maybe even Higuain and Belotti too.  Save myself for when the really big cards come out.