FIFA 19

FifeArab

I tried to steer away from having a PL team, but the way my pack luck fell and the SBCs I managed to do, I still had to create some form of hybrid PL/Dutch team. Annoying as it was but I’ve a pretty decent Italian one in reserve now.

The more special cards they released the more variety in squads I found myself playing. Everyone had the same boring Mbappe etc. They were also expensive as f**k. New cards brought those prices down meaning people like me had a chance of affording those cards. 

I agree though that it would be very difficult to pick it up now and compete with these squads at this stage, especially from someone looking to just pick it up everyone now and then. 

Agree with most of what’s been said. Generally speaking, I like the amount of special cards and it definitely has led to more variety in squads. Obviously, there were some exceptions: Future Stars seemed to take the piss (here are some young players who might be great one day, let’s make them amongst the best cards in the game) and Moments Icons of course (even though I have a couple).

There are downsides though - the TOTW has basically become irrelevant. Excluding the tiny chance it gives you of a decent red pick, until a player gets their second or third inform the upgrades are too small to matter compared to all the other special cards. Add in Headliners, OTW & RTTF, and I barely see anyone playing with traditional black TOTW cards anymore. IF's are to make SBC's more expensive but nothing else now.

I personally think (though it’ll never happen) they should knock every cards starting rating down a few points next year. If current 83/84 players became 80/81, it would give them much more scope for all the upgrades. Part of the reason they added Moment Icons (aside from greed obviously) is that many icons had be overtaken, or at least matched, by other special cards. Though I’m sure there’d be faux outrage if Ronaldo/Messi dropped from 94 to 90 in a year.

Still very few Scottish special cards though… (aside from further Forrest & Robertson upgrades this week).

Edited by Jaggy Snake

35 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Agree with most of what’s been said. Generally speaking, I like the amount of special cards and it definitely has led to more variety in squads. Obviously, there were some exceptions: Future Stars seemed to take the piss (here are some young players who might be great one day, let’s make them amongst the best cards in the game) and Moments Icons of course (even though I have a couple).

There are downsides though - the TOTW has basically become irrelevant. Excluding the tiny chance it gives you of a decent red pick, until a player gets their second or third inform the upgrades are too small to matter compared to all the other special cards. Add in Headliners, OTW & RTTF, and I barely see anyone playing with traditional black TOTW cards anymore. IF's are to make SBC's more expensive but nothing else now.

I'm still using Szczesny's IF (although it's 89, so hardly a small improvement) and I regularly use Forrest off the bench.  But they're certainly not what they used to be.

35 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

I personally think (though it’ll never happen) they should knock every cards starting rating down a few points next year. If current 83/84 players became 80/81, it would give them much more scope for all the upgrades. Part of the reason they added Moment Icons (aside from greed obviously) is that many icons had be overtaken, or at least matched, by other special cards. Though I’m sure there’d be faux outrage if Ronaldo/Messi dropped from 94 to 90 in a year.

While you're correct, and it's absolutely the right way to go to make sure there's enough space to handle upgrades, I can imagine the absolute head's gone most of the mouth-breathers that play this game would have when they saw that the player they're basing their life around is now ranked a few points lower.  

16 hours ago, Estragon is a fud said:

That's a good point about the TOTWs becoming obsolete. What's the fucking point in a 78 rated  IF Andreas Weimann card at this point in the game? They should just bump all first gold IFs up to 84.

At this stage I'm not sure that'd solve anything.  Not sure anyone would really use an 84 any more than they'd use a 78.  At this stage those kinds of IFs are purely for fans of the player.  The only thing really holding up their value is that they're the new currency for big SBCs, otherwise I'd imagine the shite ones would all be going for discard.

28 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

It's ridiculously expensive, and I'm having to chuck in Birthday Boateng & SMS who I only just got last night, but I've decided to do Robben's SBC. It better be worth it.

Shit he’s like 800k coin value, seen him get good reviews tbf. Looks an unreal card.

I got 70k got finishing Rank 1 in division 3, decent.

1 hour ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Shit he’s like 800k coin value, seen him get good reviews tbf. Looks an unreal card.

I got 70k got finishing Rank 1 in division 3, decent.

He is crazy expensive but last year I regretted not doing some SBC's so this year I'm completing a lot more even if I get rid of the player later. I would never have done FB Ibra last year but so glad I did this time. I've also got a load of league SBC cards (Umtiti, Casemiro, Oscar etc) that bring the theoretical price down, it's going to clear me out until TOTS though.

I got promoted to Div 3 last night, without realising I was close to it. Division 4 had seemed much easier than 5 had been before the reshuffle. Coins are safer but I'm hoarding packs just now so took untradeable rewards.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

19 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

It's made me put my Scottish side back together. Haven't used it with Carniball Weah either.

I remember building one of them and getting unspeakably angry after a couple of games, so abandoned it.  Might be worth trying it now though.  I found the team to be incredibly imbalanced, with all the decent options shoehorned to one side.  I've always been annoyed that Tierney and Forrest are on opposite sides so you can't link them.  Weah's a great option now though.

Forrest though...he's just so good.  It's purely down to his dribbling stats, but he's absolutely electric at times.  Can't wait to try out the upgraded one and watch him breeze past people in the second half.

Used league SBC Morelos for the Colombian weekly objective - was scoring with him easily but just couldn’t win games. Three times I was 2-0 up (with a Morelos goal) and didn’t win any of them. By the end it must have taken me at least 10 games just to get the 3 wins.

21 hours ago, Iminavest said:

Anyone taken a punt on Ramsey yet?

I've always loved Ramsey in FIFA and have used him loads over the years, but I've got too many untradeable players (and enough better than Ramsey) as it is so I can't quite bring myself to do it.

Anyone taken a punt on Ramsey yet?

He’s got awesome stats, better than baby Guillit I think, but with ToTS just around the corner, there will be better players out soon, so I might just hold off.

I did Ramsey threw some of my big untradables at it. He so far hasent managed to get into the starting 11.

Played weekend league for the first time in ages. started 3 wins from 8. was awful no enjoyment. Changed to the park the bus deep back line and some how started winning games. Hate myself for lowering myself to that level but everyone I was matching with did the exact same.

Ended up 17 wins from 28 games. Bonus coins this week as Packs will get saved for TOTS promo.

8 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

A stupid question probably....
If I'm to play this game or fifa 18 on ultimate team... when it comes to the new fifa 20 can you send over your ultimate team ?
Really havnt did a thing on ultimate team before

No, players don't transfer across, everyone starts from scratch each year.

Finally finished the Swap objectives, and I'm a shell of a man.  The Colombian one wasn't too bad, finished that earlier in the week, and the playing a number of games was obviously not too bad.  But that win by 2 goals...f**k me.  Lost a few chasing the big win, and had several where I managed to win by 1 (including a 93rd minute goal against that denied me).

Also found my first wee man messenger after a game.  Clearly the better player, but after taking the lead in the 5th minute, he shushed all over the pitch then ran to the camera.  Went 3-0 up, doing the same each time, think by the 20th minute.  Calmed down after that, and I played a bit better, but only managed to get it to 3-1 by the end.  Messaged after complaining about my "p2w team".   A couple of messages questioning whether he was over-compensating for something, and his reply of basically "no you are" and he pissed off.  What brings people to think "I'm going to message this complete stranger and show what a poor loser/winner I am"?