FIFA 19

FifeArab

46 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Trying out Mertens tonight and I’ve scored 15 goals in 8 games with him. That’s division 4 as well so not the highest division but still come up against pretty good players. He’s ridiculous. Best I’ve played so far.

Got 8 wins from 22 games in the weekend league, a few of those defeats could have went my way but i couldn’t be arsed playing any games. It’s a fucking grind.

How much did Mertens set you back?  Some quality Serie A players prices seem to sway about an awful lot.

Just now, The Grass Is Greener. said:

I payed 72k. 100% worth it. I was using Jesus in a Prem team but this team feels much better.

That's not bad at all tbf. Serie A seems really good this year, rakes of all round midfielders, ad a huge dose of quality wherever you want it. 

Never found any EPL side fun to play with

9 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Jack Bonaventura is the boi.

Loved him in 18 and love him here.  Wee ride.

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

That's not bad at all tbf. Serie A seems really good this year, rakes of all round midfielders, ad a huge dose of quality wherever you want it. 

Never found any EPL side fun to play with

Enjoying it even more than I did with the Serie A side last year.  Already had a pretty stacked selection of players (apart from right-back) but there's even more now.  Only disappointment is that beautiful b*****d Marchisio leaving.  Think he was my favourite normal card of last year.

16 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Anyone got Hamsik? Either going for him or SMS

Hamsik was a baller last year tbf, never used sms though.  

Suspect the physical nature of this years game might see him be a monster, as De Rossi/Parolo/N'Zonzi are all quality for me and he's better than them.

Anyone got any recommendations for a left winger? I got eviscerated by someone who brought Lozano on late in a game when my defenders were tired and slowed down, so I'm planning on using Gomez the same way. Kluivert was alright until everyone got quality full backs.

Edited by RandomGuy.

I plumped for Hamsik as he is slightly more expensive and I had the coin, first game he was dominating. I'll get SMS as well, but I'm reluctant to replace Bonaventura as he is consistently smashing in belters.

I've got Callejon on the left wing and Verdi on the right and it is working well for me so far. Managed 9 wins in a row.

Did the Marquee Matchups for fairly cheap and packed David Silva in one of them, so that made all the coins back in one player.  Built back up to enough to upgrade to Callejon on the right and Immobile up front.  Mertens behind him, but it's a shame to drop Zaza in that CAM spot, because he's probably been the best player I've had so far.

Suspect the physical nature of this years game might see him be a monster, as De Rossi/Parolo/N'Zonzi are all quality for me and he's better than them.
Anyone got any recommendations for a left winger? I got eviscerated by someone who brought Lozano on late in a game when my defenders were tired and slowed down, so I'm planning on using Gomez the same way. Kluivert was alright until everyone got quality full backs.
Lozano is tremendous for that. I start him but always find in the second half he seems to have a better game.

Packed Nainggolan and he's an absolute baller. Packed David Silva and sold him, invested in Pjanic and Matuidi but neither are the beasts that De Rossi was for me on last year's game.

25 minutes ago, grumswall said:
5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Lozano is tremendous for that. I start him but always find in the second half he seems to have a better game.

He's mental. 4-1 up and he was brought on as a lone striker, scored one from bursting down the centre, then one from getting behind either full back, game ended 4-4, I'd have lost if he'd had another chance, couldn't been touch him. Bonucci and Barzagli at the back and first time I've been worried for them

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Packed Nainggolan and he's an absolute baller. Packed David Silva and sold him, invested in Pjanic and Matuidi but neither are the beasts that De Rossi was for me on last year's game.

Pjanic been hit and miss for me, seems to depend on the oppositions set up, play him purely for the free kicks though.

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Perotti has been the best for me so far, not the quickest but seems to pop up in the right places. 

6 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

De Rossi or Allan at CDM. Both are fantastic. 

El Shaaraway does a fine job on the left and I'm desperate for his SBC.  Had wee Insigne up front but his finishing couldn't be relied on. 

Yeah, I'm thinking of sacking off Insigne unfortunately.  Same problem I had in 18 with him - absolutely rapid, particularly good in the current build of 19, but he's fucking tiny, and doesn't really work to clear up any crosses from the right that go long.  Given he's going for 70k, imagine I could fill the team with a lot of quality if I let him go.

I've decided that in terms of the game itself I am enjoying it but I find the mechanics of defending and intercepting really bizarre (and it either makes for a fantastic game or one that has you ready to smash the f**k out of every part of your console). When you go into a 50/50 and put in a block tackle the resulting pinball means that there doesn't seem to be any control in what happens when you put in a tackle like that. The passing is much more sensitive too.

The reduction in speed is great and the return of crossing is very pleasing. It almost brings back memories of FIFA 14 with Mandzukic and Lewandowski upfront and me just launching the ball into the box at every opportunity.

I've also found that if you are good at the game you are really, really good. I would describe myself as a fairly functional FIFA player who is good in possession and enjoys defending but I never try to master any skill moves or any of the little bits of the game that seem to elevate a decent player into a very good one. This year I've played against people who are amazing at the skill moves and movement and it has been a massive challenge. I'm in Division 5 at the moment but I know that the league rating isn't as it was before so I'm not overly disappointed. 

I like the dynamic tactics and try to use them as much as I can but I think the scripting means that when a match is tight towards the end of the game it becomes a total lottery and all of a sudden the ball seems to be flying all over the shop.

Currently using this...

Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 17.33.32.png