Champions League 2018-2019 Thread

GNU_Linux

Those videos are fucking brutal, imagine going to visit Barcelona and being subjected to pissed up English/scouse football supporters acting like that? Imagine finding that sort of thing funny?

11 minutes ago, throbber said:

Those videos are fucking brutal, imagine going to visit Barcelona and being subjected to pissed up English/scouse football supporters acting like that? Imagine finding that sort of thing funny?

Not nice throbber. We all know there’s scumbags in every support unfortunately the bigger games seems to bring even more of them out. Thankfully the majority are decent though and pleased to see it getting widely condemned on twitter. 

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

Guest Moomintroll

Can still see Spurs sneaking this with a 2-1 or 3-2 in Amsterdam. I struggle to separate the vile Alli or Dolberg as to who has the most punchable face in football.

Guest Moomintroll
The Asian guy that was pushed (very hard) into the fountain was probably about 70, absolutely disgraceful. Then the same guy flips someone else into the fountain. But the when the Catalan police come in the Liverpool fans will play the victims......

Always the victims...
The looky looky guys will sort the scum out,they try to keep a low profile but when they are riled & get the go ahead from the Guardia to make some cash they will steam in and harvest some debit & credit cards. Given the long history of Chinese sailors working & living in Liverpool that was utterly disgusting what they did, even outwith normal human decency, Chelsea level racism.

Guest Moomintroll
Oh yes [emoji3]. 
Don't think tonight's game is going to be a classic but can see the second leg being utterly mental. But with these teams who knows, Van Dijk might be the difference defensively speaking, Barca will be a different animal next year with De Ligt. Not sure that Pique/Lenglet are up to the challenge that Salah, Firmino & Sane will pose.

First 25 minutes from Ajax last night was awesome, Spurs left looking like a league 2 side. For all that, only a 1 goal lead and looked decidedly dodgy at set pieces. Spurs will definitely fancy their chances, but I hope Ajax can make it through.

Videos of the Liverpool fans aren't exactly surprising. They were as bad when they were in Basel for the Europa final a couple of years ago. Didn't really mind them until then but definitely changed my opinion having been in about them that night.

4 minutes ago, Ross. said:

First 25 minutes from Ajax last night was awesome, Spurs left looking like a league 2 side. For all that, only a 1 goal lead and looked decidedly dodgy at set pieces. Spurs will definitely fancy their chances, but I hope Ajax can make it through.

Videos of the Liverpool fans aren't exactly surprising. They were as bad when they were in Basel for the Europa final a couple of years ago. Didn't really mind them until then but definitely changed my opinion having been in about them that night.

To be fair Ross I saw a few things there that day that weren’t great but on the whole a massive travelling support behaved well. 

1 minute ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

To be fair Ross I saw a few things there that day that weren’t great but on the whole a massive travelling support behaved well. 

I might just have been unlucky. For the most part it was fine, if you ignored the pissing everywhere and anywhere and dumping their empty cans at their arse, but when you went behind a lot of them just seemed to turn completely feral. Wasn't pretty!

13 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
28 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:
Oh yes emoji3.png

Don't think tonight's game is going to be a classic but can see the second leg being utterly mental. But with these teams who knows, Van Dijk might be the difference defensively speaking, Barca will be a different animal next year with De Ligt. Not sure that Pique/Lenglet are up to the challenge that Salah, Firmino & Sane will pose.

Nice to see someone is interested in the actual football :).

Going to be very interesting how these two match up tonight. Big night for Van Djik at the back. Lovren started on Friday and Gomez is fit again but I reckon he’ll go with Matip alongside.