Europa League 2018-2019

GNU_Linux

Course I’ve fucking not, I don’t work with oil. 
It’s more the fact the effort and expense is tripled because the final isn’t in Europe and I’m guessing it’s a Muslim country with a sketchy human rights record and unaccustomed to thousands of people drinking in the streets.

It’s a nominally Muslim country but a pretty secular one.

It’s still miles away from London

But Zenit fans had to get to Manchester from St Petersburg so it’s not like Arsenal & Chelsea fans are the first to have to deal with this

And generally speaking they can afford it better than most.

Arguably they should never put finals east of the Oder because the finalists are so rarely from the East but that’s going to be a tough sell politically

31 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Yes.

They've got the route going along the Rostov-on-Don bypass, when everyone knows that the roadworks there are terrible.

You need to take a right at the Sainsbury's roundabout, then follow the road down past the BP garage.

Will save you a good 10 minutes.

See the source image

35 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

It’s a nominally Muslim country but a pretty secular one.

It’s still miles away from London

But Zenit fans had to get to Manchester from St Petersburg so it’s not like Arsenal & Chelsea fans are the first to have to deal with this

And generally speaking they can afford it better than most.

Arguably they should never put finals east of the Oder because the finalists are so rarely from the East but that’s going to be a tough sell politically

Well despite the undoubted delights of Baku and its famous street parties I'm glad Lennon's Lions will be taking us to Gdansk next year. 

2 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Frankfurt fans even in defeat still creating better atmosphere there than the Chelsea fans. 

No doubting the truth here but making a point about this is little more than birthday caird pish similar to the “loads of fans” shite that the Falkirk fans get ripped for on here.

The only reason you’re pointing it out is because it’s an English team that’s made it through. I don’t take any joy in seeing English teams getting doing well but some of the seethe on here when do they do is tragic.

2 hours ago, The OP said:

Course I’ve fucking not, I don’t work with oil. 

It’s more the fact the effort and expense is tripled because the final isn’t in Europe and I’m guessing it’s a Muslim country with a sketchy human rights record and unaccustomed to thousands of people drinking in the streets.

There's a lot more to Baku than oil. Predictably, you admit to knowing f**k all about the city.

There is a lot of culture and fantastic places to eat and drink. 

Pathetic!

No doubting the truth here but making a point about this is little more than birthday caird pish similar to the “loads of fans” shite that the Falkirk fans get ripped for on here.

The only reason you’re pointing it out is because it’s an English team that’s made it through. I don’t take any joy in seeing English teams getting doing well but some of the seethe on here when do they do is tragic.

This. It’s been pretty embarrassing this week. I guess the only joy some Scottish football fans get to have in Europe is when English teams are knocked out, so this record-breaking week must be horrendous for them. Poor wee guys.

5 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

There's a lot more to Baku than oil. Predictably, you admit to knowing f**k all about the city.

There is a lot of culture and fantastic places to eat and drink. 

Pathetic!

I'm talking about a European final here. How many people go to European finals to imbibe the culture?

Arsenal and Chelsea only given 6,000 tickets each for the final where the stadium holds 68,700. :lol:
Absoutley Scandalous. 

FIFA/UEFA ripping the absolute piss now with this. Somethings got to be done because this is not what football should be about.

Stadiums going to be full of Middle Eastern Arsenal/Chelsea fans and is going to make for a bizarre and terrible atmosphere.

10 hours ago, Herman Hessian said:

pleased about that - can now watch one European final with some degree of interest, and completely ignore the shitfest in madrid....

Oh Herman you are not taking this well ... :D

Wasn't sure where to put this but did I imagine Ainsley Maitland Niles having a shot on target last night? Having a bit of trouble getting paid out on a bet as they're claiming the above is a loser.

22 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Wasn't sure where to put this but did I imagine Ainsley Maitland Niles having a shot on target last night? Having a bit of trouble getting paid out on a bet as they're claiming the above is a loser.

Whoscored have a tool in the match centre that shows you all the shots taken by each team and you can filter it by player. Might be worth a look.

10 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Whoscored have a tool in the match centre that shows you all the shots taken by each team and you can filter it by player. Might be worth a look.

Yeah already checked and they haven't registered it. Emailed whoscored pointing out their error and they told me they get their stats off OPTA so I've now had to contact them. Was getting passed about like a joint this morning. 

Another thing I've noticed is skybet also use OPTA for their stats and they had Maitland-Niles down as having a shot on target when I checked during the game. 

Edited by C. Muir