Europa League 2018-2019

GNU_Linux

Yeah already checked and they haven't registered it. Emailed whoscored pointing out their error and they told me they get their stats off OPTA so I've now had to contact them. Was getting passed about like a joint this morning. 

Another thing I've noticed is skybet also use OPTA for their stats and they had Maitland-Niles down as having a shot on target when I checked during the game. 

He definitely did it was Arsenal’s first shot of the game just before Valencia went up the pitch to score

ETA Neto saved it then set up the attack for Valencia’s first

18 hours ago, The OP said:

Course I’ve fucking not, I don’t work with oil. 

It’s more the fact the effort and expense is tripled because the final isn’t in Europe and I’m guessing it’s a Muslim country with a sketchy human rights record and unaccustomed to thousands of people drinking in the streets.

Baku is a tremendous city,but ill be pissed of if they decide to wreck shakeys its a tremendous boozer

There will be loads of day trip type of fans there isnt enough hotel beds,i believe the Chelsea one is £900 odd quid no match ticket or visa

Edited by doulikefish

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

Baku is a tremendous city,but ill be pissed of if they decide to wreck shakeys its a tremendous boozer

There will be loads of day trip type of fans there isnt enough hotel beds,i believe the Chelsea one is £900 odd quid no match ticket or visa

The point isn’t whether or not it’s a tremendous city and has lovely city walls and big ugly penis-substitute new buildings built with obscene oil money. It’s an utterly shit choice for a European final and each team has an even more paltry ticket allocation because (as UEFA acknowledge) even if supporters can afford it it’s a logistical nightmare getting a substantial number of supporters there even from one of Europe’s main transport hub cities.

Edited by The OP

Ah, time for the annual requirement to explain supply and demand to football fans. Supporters trusts have a legitimate gripe about the number of tickets they've been allocated, but to complain that flight and hotel costs are more expensive in Madrid that night? No fucking shit. 

And the Baku thing is a non-starter too, nobody gave a f**k 2 years ago when it was announced but now that some English fans can't make it there it's suddenly a big deal? Away and shite. 

Edited by CountyFan

2 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

The final stadium is picked long in advance. I don’t see the problem personally. A nice city, nice stadium and a growing football country is a decent host. I don’t buy the ‘not many teams from the East make the final’ argument. 4 teams (CSKA, Zenit, Shakhtar, Dnipro) have made the final this century and 3 have won it, and this is pretty irrelevant to deciding the final host IMO.

The original post said “Imagine getting to a European final and it’s in fucking Baku”. I’m not saying it shouldn’t have been chosen I’m saying if you support a team involved your heart would sink that this was your year. But apparently there are lovely boulangeries and nice old buildings once you have sorted your ticket, visa, flight to Kiev, taxi to Baku and nonexistent hotel room. 

Edited by The OP

8 minutes ago, The OP said:

The point isn’t whether or not it’s a tremendous city and has lovely city walls and big ugly penis-substitute new buildings built with obscene oil money. It’s an utterly shit choice for a European final and each team has an even more paltry ticket allocation because (as UEFA acknowledge) even if supporters can afford it it’s a logistical nightmare getting a substantial number of supporters there even from one of Europe’s main transport hub cities.

:lol:Zoomer found

8 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Yeah already checked and they haven't registered it. Emailed whoscored pointing out their error and they told me they get their stats off OPTA so I've now had to contact them. Was getting passed about like a joint this morning. 

Another thing I've noticed is skybet also use OPTA for their stats and they had Maitland-Niles down as having a shot on target when I checked during the game. 

vid starts playing just before the shot in question - looks pretty cut and dried to me - let us know how you get on !

Edited by Herman Hessian

1 minute ago, doulikefish said:

:lol:Zoomer found

Good post. Detailed and insightful and has made me reconsider my position completely. I’m just pleased there will be plenty of Arsenal and Chelsea supporters who either won’t care enough about a Europa League final or who can comfortably afford the expense and logistical nightmare involved. Hopefully two teams who will appreciate an EL final make the one in Gdansk.

1 minute ago, The OP said:

Good post. Detailed and insightful and has made me reconsider my position completely. I’m just pleased there will be plenty of Arsenal and Chelsea supporters who either won’t care enough about a Europa League final or who can comfortably afford the expense and logistical nightmare involved. Hopefully two teams who will appreciate an EL final make the one in Gdansk.

On the plus side Celtic will no be there so you wont have to worry about how to get there.Gdansk is east of Edinburgh so travelling there will be far too difficult for you

I mean UEFA even admit it was a shit choice for supporters from outside Azerbaijan

"Taking into consideration the above and most importantly the geographical location and logistical capacity of airports in and around the host city, it was deemed that around 15,000 spectators would be able to travel from abroad (this includes finalists' fans and general public), with Baku as the main hub."

It added that "offering more tickets to fans of the participating teams, without any guarantee that they would be able to arrange suitable travel to reach Baku, was therefore not a responsible option".

"Based on these circumstances, for this year's UEFA Europa League final in Baku, 6,000 tickets have been made available to each of the finalists."

2 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

On the plus side Celtic will no be there so you wont have to worry about how to get there.Gdansk is east of Edinburgh so travelling there will be far too difficult for you

Play the ball, not the man.

And I’ve been to Gdansk and learned it’s easy to get from other airports to Gdansk thanks to a shitebag pilot who was scared of fog.

2 hours ago, Herman Hessian said:

vid starts playing just before the shot in question - looks pretty cut and dried to me - let us know how you get on !

Still waiting on an email back from OPTA but was told on betfair live chat earlier that "official logs for this game are still under review, please come back in a few hours for a further update". Bad days how clear cut it is and I still don't think I'll get anywhere but won't be for the want of trying.

Edit - got this email from someone working for who scored.com. Surely that wasn't a cross!? :lol:

Screenshot_20190510-205543_Gmail.thumb.jpg.00ade01237c8118fb29edae2b2713367.jpg

Edited by C. Muir

The final stadium is picked long in advance. I don’t see the problem personally. A nice city, nice stadium and a growing football country is a decent host. I don’t buy the ‘not many teams from the East make the final’ argument. 4 teams (CSKA, Zenit, Shakhtar, Dnipro) have made the final this century and 3 have won it, and this is pretty irrelevant to deciding the final host IMO.

Describing 4 teams out of 50 in the last 25 years as “not many” is surely not a stretch and it’s 4 out of 100 if we look at both competitions

And Moscow to Baku is about the same distance as St Petersburg to Manchester.

Guest Moomintroll
Bit late to the party but Baku might be a bit awkward for Mkhitaryan
Not enough being made about this issue tbh, Visa free travel should be a given for all players & employees involved in a final. There are some serious historical issues in that area between the Ottoman Empire, the Armenians, Azerbaijanis & the Karabakh peoples.

Not enough being made about this issue tbh, Visa free travel should be a given for all players & employees involved in a final. There are some serious historical issues in that area between the Ottoman Empire, the Armenians, Azerbaijanis & the Karabakh peoples.
Politics/Ethnology thread for this shite, but nobody really considers themselves themselves Karabakhi. As an ethnicity it's not really a concept.

Also affecting some Arsenal season ticket holders who have dual British-Armenian nationality & thus would have visas rejected

Guest Moomintroll
Also affecting some Arsenal season ticket holders who have dual British-Armenian nationality & thus would have visas rejected

Farcical situation.