Premier League 2018-19

Lots being made of squad depth but having Shaquiri available yet throwing on Milner and Lallana to try and change a game is utterly bizarre, especially considering how dreadful the front three were.

I really like Klopp but he does make some strange decisions. I also don’t get the talk at the end from Carragher about them not replacing Couthino. Wasn’t that what Keita was brought in to do? Why isn’t he getting a chance?

Keita isn't a no10. He was brought in to be a box to box midfielder

Lallana over Shaqiri is a joke

Seems like Klopp doesn't have the mentality at the top level. You can see the nerves in the team whenever the pressure is on. Wrong options taken, poor finishing, no one showing for the ball. It's a textbook bottle job

10 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I really like Klopp but he does make some strange decisions. I also don’t get the talk at the end from Carragher about them not replacing Coutinho. Wasn’t that what Keita was brought in to do? Why isn’t he getting a chance?

He was the eighth wonder of the world at the start of the season,  particularly after a friendly at, er, em, Bury.  

But...but...Coutinho's not been missed at all. It was a genius transfer that built the 2018-19 EPL winning team. Can't see why Carragher's bleating about it now.

Miserable old day on Merseyside and a pretty typical Derby 100 mile an hour and  every ball keenly contested. 

Liverpool had the chances to win it but couldnt take them. I’ll generally always take a point at Goodison but should have been 3 today. 

Next up Man City host Watford in the Saturday 5.30pm before it’s an early start for Burnley at Anfield next Sunday . 

81634CA9-0F29-4BA3-9ADD-CA7ADBD4A728.jpeg

0B903A75-9392-4D2F-AFCF-558647084226.jpeg

F263A402-F57D-4156-A77D-7B831C9E645A.jpeg

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

Liverpool looking disjointed yet again.  As mentioned above, squad depth will be what wins the Premier League and Man City have much more of it than Liverpool.  Origi, Lallana, Milner etc... are just not good enough at this level any more

Even City are struggling keeping everyone fit just now whereas Liverpool just look like they’re blowing out their arses. As you say though, squad depth might just be what swings it in City’s favour I think. Pep has rotation options up front but Liverpool’s front three pretty much picks itself every game.

3 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Even City are struggling keeping everyone fit just now whereas Liverpool just look like they’re blowing out their arses. As you say though, squad depth might just be what swings it in City’s favour I think. Pep has rotation options up front but Liverpool’s front three pretty much picks itself every game.

It does BU. Can’t really have any complaints on that front as the front 3 have been fit for most of the season. A bit frustrating though that Firmino limped off at Old Trafford and could only make the bench today but hey ho. 

Man City’s strength in depth is ridiculous.  

19 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

It does BU. Can’t really have any complaints on that front as the front 3 have been fit for most of the season. A bit frustrating though that Firmino limped off at Old Trafford and could only make the bench today but hey ho. 

Man City’s strength in depth is ridiculous.  

Why was Klopp roaring with laughter at the end ? Was he delighted with the point or is the pressure really getting to him ?

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Why was Klopp roaring with laughter at the end ? Was he delighted with the point or is the pressure really getting to him ?

Doubt that very much. Heard bits of his post match interview after the game thought he spoke very well as usual. 

Two highlights today ...

Chanting ‘England’s No.1’ after the Ev decided to celebrate a Jordan Pickford save in the first half by flashing that up on the big screen. 

The home fans booing Divock Origi for scoring that winner the last time.

Honestly couldnt make it up :lol: