Premier League 2018-19

10 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Can't see him starting tbh, even though he looks like Baresi compared to Matip and Lovren.

I meant instead of Alexander-Arnold. Even rubbish teams like Huddersfield and Cardiff manage to expose him a couple of times a game.

6 minutes ago, David W said:

I meant instead of Alexander-Arnold. Even rubbish teams like Huddersfield and Cardiff manage to expose him a couple of times a game.

I always thought Gomez looked out of place at right back, like when Carragher used to be punted out to fullback to make room for Hyppia and Henchoz. He seemed better beside VVD. 

Trying to pass out from the goalie through midfield 10 seconds into a game at Anfield when you are as bad as Huddersfield. Ridiculous. Non existent defence for the 2nd, and the 3rd the back 4 is all over the place and goalie makes a crazy decision. Liverpool could hammer this lot if they wanted to, however goal difference is very unlikely to come into account and they'll probably want to rest players for Barcelona.

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I can see Alexander-Arnold getting ripped apart in the Nou Camp.

In fairness, I'm still not convinced Robertson is much better defensively him, the difference is he has Van Dijk in beside him whereas TAA doesn't. Even in this game a couple of times early on Van Dijk covered seamlessly for Robertson misjudements. Plus Messi will be up against Robertson more than TAA given where he likes to play.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

42 minutes ago, The OP said:

I really wish I could remember the PnB poster(s) who said Van Dijk was overrated and would fail in England.

I think they way the guy conducted himself in leaving Celtic and Southampton was unprofessional and lacked respect to both clubs however you can’t argue with his quality. He’s improved at every club he’s been at and is currently an outstanding central defender.

2 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

In fairness, I'm still not convinced Robertson is much better defensively him, the difference is he has Van Dijk in beside him whereas TAA doesn't. Even in this game a couple of times early on Van Dijk covered seamlessly for Robertson misjudements. Plus Messi will be up against Robertson more than TAA given where he likes to play.

I think Robertson is better defensively and is far better going forward as his assists record proves.

Good point you make about Van Dijk though mate. That will make a difference.

24 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I think they way the guy conducted himself in leaving Celtic and Southampton was unprofessional and lacked respect to both clubs however you can’t argue with his quality. He’s improved at every club he’s been at and is currently an outstanding central defender.

Non sequitur. He left Celtic fine. I recall debating some diddy or some diddies who thought he’d be shown up in the GLOAT*

*Greatest League Of All Time

Edited by The OP

The top 6 have now won all 34 games they’ve played against Huddersfield, Fulham (both already relegated) and Cardiff (likely to be relegated) this season. 

2 games remain...

Huddersfield v Man Utd 
Man Utd v Cardiff

The goal difference for these 34 games has been:

Top 6 goals for 102
Top 6 goals against 17
+85

If you had taken 100 quid at the start of the season and rolled it over on every game you would be waiting on Utd winning their final 2 matches (admittedly a somewhat scary proposition given their recent performances) to win over 70,000!  If you had done it with 1000 quid you would stand to win over 700,000!

Basically it was over 700/1 that the top 6 would win EVERY match against the bottom 3. Crazy.

11 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

The top 6 have now won all 34 games they’ve played against Huddersfield, Fulham (both already relegated) and Cardiff (likely to be relegated) this season. 

2 games remain...

Huddersfield v Man Utd 
Man Utd v Cardiff

Top 6 goals for 102
Top 6 goals against 17
+85

If you had taken 100 quid at the start of the season and rolled it over on every game you would be waiting on Utd winning their final 2 matches (admittedly a somewhat scary proposition given their recent performances) to win over 70,000!  If you had done it with 1000 quid you would stand to win over 700,000!

Basically it was over 700/1 that the top 6 would win EVERY match against the bottom 3. Crazy.

Everyone can beat everyone.

16 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

2 games remain...

Huddersfield v Man Utd 
Man Utd v Cardiff

Top 6 goals for 102
Top 6 goals against 17
+85

Nope. 700/1 is just the “equivalent” odds had you gone with the roll-over betting. Actual odds if you had an acca on all the games would have been far greater.

And all that being said I wouldn’t be surprised if Cardiff got something against Man Utd.

edit - I have now realised I am talking shite here as I haven’t factored in the increased stakes every time you “roll over”. How silly.

Edited by eez-eh