Brazil v Switzerland

TheScarf

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

Serbia top the group. Shouldn't really be a surprise when you consider the quality of the group they won in the qualifiers!

And shouldn’t be a surprise given the fact they have only played Costa Rica who are the other lowest ranked team in the group.

Superb stuff from the Swiss. Taking turns at niggly wee fouls on Neymar 40 yards out really gets to him and disrupts the whole team. They'll be plenty who'll fancy their chances against them in the knockout rounds.

Maybe it`s just me but I can`t see any valid reason why Gabriel Jesus starts ahead of Firmino.  Jesus runs about a lot but Brazil really need a striker who can link up the play and  bring the likes off Coutinho and Willian into play. Nobody seems to have any idea what Jesus is going to do next and I include the player himself in that assessment. He`ll likely score a load of goals in the next games but he`s a real negative in how Brazil play.

Don't watch a lot of champions league football so haven't seen a lot of  Neymar play except for Brazil.

£200 million for that diving ineffective fanny?!

I don't get it, most overrated player I have ever seen, is he actually any good?  Not seen any evidence so far.

8 minutes ago, Merkie84 said:

Don't watch a lot of champions league football so haven't seen a lot of  Neymar play except for Brazil.

£200 million for that diving ineffective fanny?!

I don't get it, most overrated player I have ever seen, is he actually any good?  Not seen any evidence so far.

He is capable of anything at times, but when it doesn't go his way he has a tendency to spit the dummy and throw himself about the place screaming for fouls. Basically just an overgrown child.

That was the impression I got, the Swiss seemed to have his card marked, lots of niggly fouls in non threatening areas of he pitch and the dummy was well and truly spat.  

Well done the Swiss. 

As others have said, everyones 2nd favorite team my arse, something very unlikable about this Brazil team. 

I missed Bilic, what did he say?

They were having an argument about whether it was a push for the Switzerland goal. Bilic was the only person to say he didn't think it should have been overturned before saying 'to be fair, I don't care.'

Archived