Russia v Egypt

banana

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Genuinely enjoyable first half of fitba. Particularly impressed with the Russian tactic of just aiming to get it wide and aiming for big Mark Yardley (Yardlev? Yardleyavich?) up front. The passing play out from the back has been nice and it's just been a spirited and physical (yet fair) game. Hearing Pearce wittering on about the various historical aspects and architecture of St Pete is like I've pressed the red button option to get Tour De France commentary. I'm a cycling fan, so this is a plus point for me. Decent game so far.

21 million people in the UK watched the England game yesterday. The group of people who didn't watch that game but are watching tonight's game is very small. But still the BBC think they should show England highlights at half time of this game. They are even showing highlights of Alan Shearer's comments on the game ffs.

Why do they have to talk about England at half-time?

I could understand 5 mins at the start of the coverage but half-time and full-time should be about the game we have actually sat watching.

These guys are pretty decent most of the time. When it comes to England, they’re utterly insufferable. I wonder if Michael Stewart et al would be as obnoxious were it a Scotland game at the World Cup?

Archived