East Region Superleague

Jock Tamson

10 hours ago, Marten said:

Tbh, I think the Tayside clubs would be better off in the north. They currently have 32 clubs there, if you add 19 Tayside teams (including Newburgh), that would make 51. That could mean a 16 team Superleague, 14 team Premier League and 10 & 11 team district leagues. Then the weaker Tayside teams will stay with each other.

It's decent enough in theory. Not sure Newburgh would sign up for it though. They've played in the North Division when the East Region moved to 16 team leagues, but i'm not sure they would want to permanently distance themselves from Fife like that.

6 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It's decent enough in theory. Not sure Newburgh would sign up for it though. They've played in the North Division when the East Region moved to 16 team leagues, but i'm not sure they would want to permanently distance themselves from Fife like that.

Fair point, but this is only an idea, numbers can obviously be changed. On the other hand, maybe Breadalbane would want to join such a league?

5 minutes ago, xnxx said:
On 09/06/2019 at 11:02, Marten said:
Fair point, but this is only an idea, numbers can obviously be changed. On the other hand, maybe Breadalbane would want to join such a league?

Dropping the standard even more with a team like that.

Would they be worse than existing weaker Tayside teams than Coupar Angus or Arbroath Vics?

5 hours ago, pumphy_man said:

Its Sauchie Juniors Cfc not Dunblane thst have applied

Their will be many out their that will believe these 3 teams are the real deal. Linlithgow, boness and sauchie have come back. I'm awaiting the first diddy to go to prestonfield when their team plays linlithgow

What about Syngenta?

Edited by AlanCamelonfan
forgot

1 hour ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Their will be many out their that will believe these 3 teams are the real deal. Linlithgow, boness and sauchie have come back. I'm awaiting the first diddy to go to prestonfield when their team plays linlithgow

What about Syngenta?

It's no doubt fuelled the speculation of some clubs that moved as being unhappy in the EoS.

Syngenta got nowhere with application.

People apparently unaware that the glenrothes strollers also applied to juniors. Ground was physically checked and they were unfortunately (imo) rejected.

So the smart arse who earlier suggested (another thread I think) the region would just accept anyone for numbers is factually incorrect.

19 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Syngenta got nowhere with application.

People apparently unaware that the glenrothes strollers also applied to juniors. Ground was physically checked and they were unfortunately (imo) rejected.

So the smart arse who earlier suggested (another thread I think) the region would just accept anyone for numbers is factually incorrect.

SO is it just the 3 clubs coming then. Bo'ness, Linlithgow and sauchie?

57 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Take it the regional super & premier leagues passed then?

I get the idea this has basically already been agreed as the play-offs for a place in the superleague (Luncarty v Livingston United with the winners playing Fauldhouse) haven't been played.

I was just wondering what will be the position if Sauchie EOS have three home games on the trot and the Sauchie  pitch starts getting very badly cut up and then Sauchie ERJFA come in saying they want to play their prestigious Junior Cup home cup-tie with Auchinleck Talbot to also be fitted in.

Would the EOS Fixture Secretary allow a prestigious Junior Cup tie to take precedence or would Talbot and the SJFA just have to wait until a free Saturday / Sunday becomes available when the pitch is playable?

There again Sauchie EOS may get a couple of tremendous cup runs next season. Would this mean that all of the Sauchie ERJFA matches affected have to be postponed or the ERJFA fixtures reversed.

The point I am making is that Sauchie EOS fixtures should always take precedence over Sauchie ERJFA fixtures.  Do you agree?

Generally I think that it is to be welcomed that EOS sides run Reserve/Community sides in the ERJFA and hopefully more will follow until the the nonsensical split of the EOS and East Region (South of The Tay) is terminated.

Edited by Pyramidic

2 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

I was just wondering what will be the position if Sauchie EOS have three home games on the trot and the Sauchie  pitch starts getting very badly cut up and then Sauchie ERJFA come in saying they want to play their prestigious Junior Cup home cup-tie with Auchinleck Talbot to also be fitted in.

Would the EOS Fixture Secretary allow a prestigious Junior Cup tie to take precedence or would Talbot and the SJFA just have to wait until a free Saturday / Sunday becomes available when the pitch is playable?

There again Sauchie EOS may get a couple of tremendous cup runs next season. Would this mean that all of the Sauchie ERJFA matches affected have to be postponed or the ERJFA fixtures reversed.

The point I am making is that Sauchie EOS fixtures should always take precedence over Sauchie ERJFA fixtures.  Do you agree?

Generally I think that it is to be welcomed that EOS sides run Reserve/Community sides in the ERJFA and hopefully more will follow until the the nonsensical split of the EOS and East Region (South of The Tay) is terminated.

It could go against them and why they may not be let in if the ersjfa dont think the pitch will can handle two teams