East Region Superleague

Jock Tamson

5 hours ago, gogsy said:

I'm sure it was mentioned by someone on here (yourself 18th May?)that the Strollers had applied to the Juniors so people weren't unaware of the fact. Anything to say about the smart arse that claimed Glenrothes FC owed their landlords large rent arrears and were getting evicted from their ground?

Oh come now, everyone know who has been dripping the information in the ear of Al, its an open secret in the East Juniors. 

He's only reporting what his Lord and Master wants him to in the hope of sowing dissension in the EOS, the pair of them are as transparent as a Lochee licence application.

I was just wondering what will be the position if Sauchie EOS have three home games on the trot and the Sauchie  pitch starts getting very badly cut up and then Sauchie ERJFA come in saying they want to play their prestigious Junior Cup home cup-tie with Auchinleck Talbot to also be fitted in.
Would the EOS Fixture Secretary allow a prestigious Junior Cup tie to take precedence or would Talbot and the SJFA just have to wait until a free Saturday / Sunday becomes available when the pitch is playable?
There again Sauchie EOS may get a couple of tremendous cup runs next season. Would this mean that all of the Sauchie ERJFA matches affected have to be postponed or the ERJFA fixtures reversed.
The point I am making is that Sauchie EOS fixtures should always take precedence over Sauchie ERJFA fixtures.  Do you agree?
Generally I think that it is to be welcomed that EOS sides run Reserve/Community sides in the ERJFA and hopefully more will follow until the the nonsensical split of the EOS and East Region (South of The Tay) is terminated.
The higher level teams games always take precedence over the lower levels teams games. Clyde and c colts, Alloa and bsc, Falkirk and East Stirling as the examples already on show.

21 minutes ago, G4Mac said:
5 hours ago, Pyramidic said:
I was just wondering what will be the position if Sauchie EOS have three home games on the trot and the Sauchie  pitch starts getting very badly cut up and then Sauchie ERJFA come in saying they want to play their prestigious Junior Cup home cup-tie with Auchinleck Talbot to also be fitted in.
Would the EOS Fixture Secretary allow a prestigious Junior Cup tie to take precedence or would Talbot and the SJFA just have to wait until a free Saturday / Sunday becomes available when the pitch is playable?
There again Sauchie EOS may get a couple of tremendous cup runs next season. Would this mean that all of the Sauchie ERJFA matches affected have to be postponed or the ERJFA fixtures reversed.
The point I am making is that Sauchie EOS fixtures should always take precedence over Sauchie ERJFA fixtures.  Do you agree?
Generally I think that it is to be welcomed that EOS sides run Reserve/Community sides in the ERJFA and hopefully more will follow until the the nonsensical split of the EOS and East Region (South of The Tay) is terminated.

The higher level teams games always take precedence over the lower levels teams games. Clyde and c colts, Alloa and bsc, Falkirk and East Stirling as the examples already on show.

But, but, the ERJFA are meant to be tier 6 too!!! :rolleyes:

37 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:

Broughty just tweeted this picture. Looks brilliant.

Assume there's going to be some cover (maybe where the photo has been taken? Looked at the plans before but can't remember.

Broughty not interested in a sfa license Jock ? Looks like a shoe in excepting the pyramid problem.
If they did seek a scottish cup entry they look the most likely club to rattle a few blazer heads together.

8 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Broughty not interested in a sfa license Jock ? Looks like a shoe in excepting the pyramid problem.
If they did seek a scottish cup entry they look the most likely club to rattle a few blazer heads together.

Personally, I'd love to see Broughty apply for a license as it would properly test the system. They can't be knocked back on the "pyramid commitment" part of it as there is no pyramid league in the Tayside area for them to go to. Scottish cup entry every year would definitely be beneficial for the club.

Don't have a clue. I'm not in the know. There will plenty on here more in the know than me.

4 hours ago, Marten said:

Personally, I'd love to see Broughty apply for a license as it would properly test the system. They can't be knocked back on the "pyramid commitment" part of it as there is no pyramid league in the Tayside area for them to go to. Scottish cup entry every year would definitely be beneficial for the club.

They could apply to the Highland League.

1 minute ago, Marten said:

Not when they aren't licensed though...

Anyone can apply. They've just got to be a Full SFA member to be a member of the league. There's nothing to stop them applying now on the basis they will be accepted by the HFL once licensed.

You've got to be a member of the SFA to join the Fife FA and look at how Dundonald and Hill of Beath were accepted prior to officially being granted SFA membership.

19 hours ago, Jock Tamson said:

Broughty just tweeted this picture. Looks brilliant. IMG-20190614-WA0000.jpg

Whitton Park has fair changed since I used to go as a kid. 

Will need to try and get along to a game next season.