pretentious twattery (aka the finer things in life)

1 hour ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
2 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

It used to be called Carte Noire but changed its name to L'Or - it's very acceptable and can usually be bought for around £4 for a 200g jar.
Nescafe is the absolute pits.

At the time of the rebrand the 200g became 160g for £4.

The supermarkets seem to take turns at having it on special offer.

BM Stores currently selling 200g for £4.79

https://www.bmstores.co.uk/products/l-or-classic-instant-coffee-200g-261582

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm listening to a conversation in the pub. 3 people are plann ing a rework of some Shakespeare. The writer/director has just tol one he'll be Puck, but it's not Midsummer Night's Dream. The big problem is finding a part for Gemini, who isn t here and there is concern about her projection in outdoor theatre.

Thankfully "Puck" can fit in around his comedy commitments.

They are a bunch of smelly cùnts and I'm leaving.

10 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'm listening to a conversation in the pub. 3 people are plann ing a rework of some Shakespeare. The writer/director has just tol one he'll be Puck, but it's not Midsummer Night's Dream. The big problem is finding a part for Gemini, who isn t here and there is concern about her projection in outdoor theatre.

Thankfully "Puck" can fit in around his comedy commitments.

They are a bunch of smelly cùnts and I'm leaving.

I would have thought that Puck would have been a good fellow?

I tend to be quite particular about my spirits. Not to the extent that I source obscure imported rarities but rather I don’t enjoy Glens vodka.
In fact I may have just had an epiphany; I’m not a pretentious twat. But I equally am not a total mink.

56 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

The supermarkets seem to take turns at having it on special offer.
BM Stores currently selling 200g for £4.79
https://www.bmstores.co.uk/products/l-or-classic-instant-coffee-200g-261582

A bit cheaper per gram but not enough to make me go into BM Stores.

^^^

Pretentious twatt.

Avoid instant coffee, the odd time I slip up if I'm round someone's and they ask if I want a coffee and I assume its decent stuff but turns out not to be reminds me that instant is rank. 

I've preferences for other stuff but generally suck it up and eat/drink what's given to me. 

On 26/06/2018 at 19:42, chomp my root said:

Avoid instant coffee, the odd time I slip up if I'm round someone's and they ask if I want a coffee and I assume its decent stuff but turns out not to be reminds me that instant is rank. 

I've preferences for other stuff but generally suck it up and eat/drink what's given to me. 

We’ve been going to a hotel in Lanzarote for about 10 or 11 years.  About three years ago they replaced all their instant beveridge machines and the cafe con leche is as good as I have tasted.  It’s really bizarre coming out of a machine, but 9 out of 10 restaurants won’t provide a coffee that is a patch on it.

I posted earlier about real barbecue vs gas bbq. I also insist on buying restaurant grade charcoal. Same price online as that coal dust nonsense you get when you are impulsive in B&Q but anyhoo.

The downside to that strategy however is you quite often get bad boys like this in the bag:

IMG_1530554275.333788.jpg

I like to get a bit knobby with coffee. I only buy whole beans, and I have a burr grinder at home, I grind just enough to make myself one cup of coffee at a time because ground coffee loses its freshness within a day or so. I don't buy pre-ground at all and I'd rather go thirsty than drink instant. 
I find Aeropress makes the best coffee but I have a French press for emergencies. 

Where do you buy your beans?

My livingroom TV will always be a Sony.

I got crisps in the pub.  Just asked for any flavour. Was presented with "Organic Rosemary and Wild Himalayan Thyme"

End result was something equivalent to Smokey Bacon. 

Why would anyone care where their crisp Thyme came from?

Archived