England v Panama

Cerberus

Just now, MJC said:

Superb penalty from Kane. England look really impressive here.

Really impressive against the shitiest team at the tournament. How England do it with these draws I never know.  Even their next opponents will be Poland or Colombia most probably. 

I will wait to see how they perform against Belgium before I actually acknowledge whether they are any good in the context of this World Cup. 

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I know you're trolling but they don't, at all. They've created nothing in 25 minutes against the weakest side in the competition, both goals have come from hopeful pumps up the park that a Panama defender has made a basic error with. 

It's not trolling atall, they look good. They are pacy, move the ball well and when you've got a Harry Kane up front you always carry a major threat.

Just now, No_Problemo said:

They’ve also managed to struggle every time Panama have went forward.

Pretty much. As always, the midfield area consists of just Henderson, anyone who plays with a 4-2-3-1 with a quality number ten will obliterate that space, unless the plan is for Dier to just Henderson in there in those games. 

Just now, MJC said:

It's not trolling atall, they look good. They are pact, move the ball well and when you've got a Harry Kane up front you always carry a major threat.

I'm not seeing it tbh, they're passing about all the back, and in the final third everyone's just charging about hoping a miracle pass comes in. Have they had a shot on goal apart from the goals yet? Both from set pieces. 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

I'm not seeing it tbh, they're passing about all the back, and in the final third everyone's just charging about hoping a miracle pass comes in. Have they had a shot on goal apart from the goals yet? Both from set pieces. 

They've had two shots on goal and two that matter, because they have scored both times. That's what top teams do. Panama are garbage but trying to sit in and stifle England, but England are bossing them.

They've had two shots on goal and two that matter, because they have scored both times. That's what top teams do. Panama are garbage but trying to sit in and stifle England, but England are bossing them.

England aren’t a top team.

England pumping Panama is fine. The excitement and hype notch up massively, the squad believe their own hype and then come crashing back to earth whenever they come up against a good side. Plus my bets all come in.

As mentioned, England have no midfield and will be given the runaround by a Spain, Croatia and a full strength Belgium.

2 minutes ago, MJC said:

You're definitely trolling. It's over half an hour now, and England haven't created a chance as a direct consequence of their build up play. 

Against Panama. 

I disagree with the commentators when they say players going down too easily has been a problem so far at the wc. For me the bigger issue is the referees reluctance to book players for targeting individuals. Neymar might have gone down too easily but he’s been hacked almost every time he gets a chance to run. The lack of yellow cards for this means teams will just keep doing it to certain players over and over again.

It's not trolling atall, they look good. They are pacy, move the ball well and when you've got a Harry Kane up front you always carry a major threat.
They're pretty effective so far.

Hopefully the better teams will get stuck in about the dugmeat back three but at the moment they're looking impressive.

If they needed to shite five or six today you get the feeling they would.

I'm enjoying the fact that you can feel the media's excitement building. I want them at fever pitch before they crash out. The tears are so much more salty.

Archived