Iran v Portugal

King Kebab

3 minutes ago, The DA said:

How DO you control a  bunch of yobs who are even happy to take the odd booking as long as they can get in the ref's face?  It should be like rugby -argue with the ref and you're off.

Someone hasn't watched rugby in years because all modern ruby games have devolved into players claiming and play acting for penalties.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was highly entertaining, but a complete disgrace. Absolute heads gone from both the ref and the VAR. 

How the f**k did that only get 6mins of stoppage time? So much time wasted on nonsense. 

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

Say what you like about VAR, it's added far more entertainment to the game. I fucking love it :D

I do as well, couple of bonkers VAR calls but on the whole a good thing imo ... and entertaining as f'ck.

Away to get more pished :thumsup2

Just now, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Someone hasn't watched rugby in years because all modern ruby games have devolved into players claiming and play acting for penalties.

TBF I've only watched the odd international but I've never seen a player facing up to the ref.  In one of the northern/southern internationals at the weekend, I saw a player about to stand up to the ref but he caught himself in time, obviously though better of it and walked off. 

If you're right about rugby players in general, then they're c***s, too.

FIFA should make a point with the Iranians, some kind of team-level sanction.  Some of the chasing after the ref was really aggressive.

11 minutes ago, The DA said:

How DO you control a  bunch of yobs who are even happy to take the odd booking as long as they can get in the ref's face?  It should be like rugby -argue with the ref and you're off.

Da found

Absolutely loved that game, bad tackles, shithousing, decent football, dodgy ref, chances right to the end.  

19/10 for entertainment

16 minutes ago, Rugster said:

No, unnatural position is not mentioned in the laws of the game. 

Handling the ball

Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with theball with the hand or arm.

The following must be considered:

•the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)

•the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)

•the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an offence

The words unnatural position aren't used but the position of the hand is explicitly considered.

Nonsense, the video Ref system in Rugby League works perfectly well. You don’t see ANY contention with the referee once his decision has been confirmed ‘upstairs’ or otherwise. ‘Play acting’ for penalties!!? HaHa, you’re watching the wrong game pal!

4 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Handling the ball

Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with theball with the hand or arm.

The following must be considered:

•the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)

•the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)

•the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an offence

The words unnatural position aren't used but the position of the hand is explicitly considered.

Thanks for confirming what I said. 

Archived