Denmark vs. France

senorsoupe

3 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

That joins Paraguay 0-0 Japan (2010 WC) and Livingston 0-0 Accies (2013/14 season) as the worst games I've ever seen. 

World Cup 2006 last 16 match, Ukraine 0-0 Switzerland (aet, pens 0-3). I've had it in for both teams since, but especially Ukraine who had a ton of talent and played 10 behind the ball at all times. 

1 minute ago, CaspianChris said:

I was going to watch this later as I recorded it with choosing to watch the Peru game.  Going by some of the comments I guess that would be a complete waste of time.

Yes. That would best be described as an act of self-harm.

That makes me think of an FA Cup preliminary round replay I went to as a neutral when I lived in England. I didn't give a sh!t who'd win, but the game was so poor that I loudly cheered a fluke goal in stoppage time as that meant I didn't need to endure another 30 minutes of that dross.

But considering the game was between 2 tier 9 teams, at least lack of skills could be used as an excuse. Overpaid professionals on the other hand...

Guest Pampered Adolescent

I don't quite understand where all the seethe is coming from. Do people believe that because it's the World Cup, that there is immunity from a goalless draw? Especially where said goalless draw allowed both teams to qualify and given the scheduling of this particular game, it was unclear whether finishing top or second would be seen as 'an advantage' in the round of 16?

By my arithmetic there have been 38 games in the WC so far, with one goalless draw. I seem to recall Motherwell having three goalless draws across their 2017-8 38-game season, oddly all within a five-game run. One of which was against Celtic, as well. I'd be very surprised if any SPFL side had one or less goalless draws last season.

Those who didn't enjoy this particular game should perhaps be directing their displeasure at the Ozzies, whom I believe, had the most influence on this game, by, apparently being shite.....

Cheers

PA 

Archived