Happy Canada Day!

2 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadian  & Canadian based P & B'ers!  If you are in the central part of the country stay cool, it's going to be hot as balls today!

"Hot as balls"?

Did you ever live here?

William Shatner, Pamela Anderson, Neil Young, James Doohan, Leslie Nielsen,  Jim Carrey, Avril Lavigne, Lenny Cohen- what's not to like about Canada*?

5b39666d1c4d3_Canada(1).thumb.jpg.87ec20453825335948f53a895470b05b.jpg

*there's Justin Bieber. But fcuk him. 

As Senorsoupe it was/is ridiculously hot here. Feels like 42 degrees is rough, especially in our apartment with no AC. Heat aside I fucking love Canada Day and all the other pointless public holidays we get here, from May to October five of the six months have a public holiday  

It sounds like the upper Midwest, too hot in the summer and far, far too cold in the winter.
There are 2 small windows of decent weather in Spring and Fall. Apart from that it's fairly unpleasant.
You also don't have Culvers.

Canada, too American for England and too English for America.

2 hours ago, Torpar said:

As Senorsoupe it was/is ridiculously hot here. Feels like 42 degrees is rough, especially in our apartment with no AC. Heat aside I fucking love Canada Day and all the other pointless public holidays we get here, from May to October five of the six months have a public holiday  

Don't yous get about a week holiday a year though? Certainly was pitiful when I worked there.

22 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Don't yous get about a week holiday a year though? Certainly was pitiful when I worked there.

When I started as a full time employee at my current job I had 10 vacation days and two personal days. I'm in my third year full time now and have 22 days, generally the longer you work with a company the more holiday days you get. 

Archived