What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

On 09/05/2022 at 15:25, williemillersmoustache said:

I'll say this. It is politically brave, bold and principled of him if he does commit to resigning should he be fined. But I don't think it's going to work. 

All set for the optimum Tory and hilarious outcome of Starmer commiting political seppuku while BawJaws blunders on unscathed. 

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

No chance Sir Keir recieves a FPN. Wouldn't be so fussed if Angela got one and had to step down not that that's happening either. 

Just for the banter let's pretend Boris gets punted and Starmer resigns who are the likely successors?

Wes Streeting vs Liz Truss? I saw some polling about Tory satisfaction and astoundingly they had Zahawi second to Ben Wallace. There is not one Tory that can win over the electorate right now imo. This may change within the next year though.

For the record I'd happily opt for Lisa Nandy or Yvette Cooper over Streeting or Rachel Reeves. 

Edited by Albus Bulbasaur

What do Labour even stand for? Who do they represent?

A joke of a party stuffed with morons and cretins.

Starmer is a massive Tory p***k.

Edited by DA Baracus

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

What do Labour even stand for? Who do they represent?

An joke of a party stuffed with morons and cretins.

Well thankfully they're certainly not a knicker wetting fringe abolish the monarchy party. They're appealing to the wider electorate that they wish to govern at the moment and are certainly a better option than the Tories. 

"Morons and cretins" is a bit of a daft one you can apply to every political group. Certainly more applicable to numerous other parties right enough. 

5 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

"Her net approval rating came out as plus 12 - not as good as +19 for Sarwar, who despite having a lower satisfaction rating did not have as many people saying they were unhappy with his leadership."

Basically a lot more people who don't know anything about him to decide one way or the other - which intrinsically is not that brilliant a piece of news.

Edited by renton

2 minutes ago, renton said:

Basically a lot more people who don't know anything about him - which intrinsically is not that brilliant a piece of news.

As a Labour supporter I think the Scottish Labour leader being the most popular leader in Scotland is brilliant news and does bode well for the future. 

I'd take a lot of people not being fussed over a lot of people hating the leader in charge ideally. 

Edited by Albus Bulbasaur

9 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

As a Labour supporter I think the Scottish Labour leader being the most popular leader in Scotland is brilliant news and does bode well for the future. 

I'd take a lot of people not being fussed over a lot of people hating the leader in charge ideally. 

It means that relatively speaking, he lacks the cut through in order for folk to form any definitive opinion, and you don't win elections where people are 'not fussed' about you.