What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

3 minutes ago, Binos said:

He's right though 

So criticism of Israel,  even a swear word, is antisemitism 

They are currently genuinely ethnic cleansing 

Do the uk Jewish lobby groups expect no criticism 

Although is amusing starmer getting caught in the very trap he set for corbyn were there was also barely any genuine antisemitism within the party,  0.01 % of the membership by metric of complaints made against them 

Be utterly hilariousif it all unravels for Starmer and his right wing lackies and they dont win the GE.

8 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

Be utterly hilariousif it all unravels for Starmer and his right wing lackies and they dont win the GE.

I see what you mean but it won't be funny for voters in Scotland.

We'd end up with ANOTHER Tory government we didn't vote for.  Someone alive on the day that Tories/Conservative sorts last won a majority of Scottish Westminster seats has now reached state pension age.  It's that long.  

Voting in a Labour government just delays by a few years the election of another Tory one.  Get them all to f.

51 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I see what you mean but it won't be funny for voters in Scotland.

We'd end up with ANOTHER Tory government we didn't vote for.  Someone alive on the day that Tories/Conservative sorts last won a majority of Scottish Westminster seats has now reached state pension age.  It's that long.  

Voting in a Labour government just delays by a few years the election of another Tory one.  Get them all to f.

We didn't have a labour govt 'we voted for' the last time 

We had the version the s east of england will vote for 

Also Sarwar was on stv last night issueing branch office language.  Backtracking on gender reform bill he whipped his msp's to vote for cause his boss says so...as an example 

Edited by Binos

I haven't checked, but are the threads slagging off the SNP and Humza absolutely choc full of posts from folk dedicated to anti-labour and anti-tory whataboutery (fitabootery)?

The last ten pages have been fucking grim reading. Let's stop responding to it eh, there's a good forum.

Will be hilarious when he’s put on the spot to try and explain why Labour is now the least ethnically diverse it’s ever been after he purges every non-white MP for whispering the I word.

1 hour ago, D Angelo Barksdale said:

20240214_123233.thumb.jpg.9f4bafa7af3e279803a8c3f2dce85d83.jpg

Lol.

They better not deselect Debonnaire, that landlord loving ghoul potentially losing her seat could rival some of the impending Tory losses for Portillo moments in this election.

Obviously this McCarthyism towards anyone saying anything negative about Israel in any context is deeply troubling and alarming, but I simply cannot have any sympathy for the worst people in the Labour Party getting stung by it. The same people who hounded Long-Bailey over retweeting an Independent article and gleefully celebrated McDonald's suspension for calling for peaceful coexistence are learning a valuable lesson in reaping and sowing.

They'll probably be arguing with a straight face that antisemitism is being weaponised and exaggerated by their opponents for political gain by the end of the week. You are never getting the toothpaste back in the tube.

Labour as usual doing their best to lose the next GE.

Confirmed that the SNP will use the scheduled opposition day next week to force a vote to urge the UK Government to call for an immediate cease fire in Gaza. The rifts in the Labour Party should be apparent.

The SNP will surely be labelled antisematic going by the current hysterics on who supports or doesn't the continued targeting of civilians in Gaza and SNP MP's will have their social media analysed for any antisematic behaviours.

Looks like the 'left' Labour preparing for Government want to continue as the uncaring evil Tories leave off. Sorry, I should say the other arse cheek prepares for Government.

On 13/02/2024 at 20:11, lichtgilphead said:

Strange that "the most over represented party at Wesrmnister" are in favour of scrapping FPTP, isn't it?

In addition, both of them have had plenty opportunity to change this undemocratic system. The SNP haven't.

I am sure there is no link between these two statements.  

If you could just let me know what page on the 2019 manifesto the SNP proposed scrapping FPTP then I might reconsider my opinion.

I guess the SNP will have handed back any Short money the took from this undemocratic system?

Edited by strichener

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Absolutely crazy stuff !

Screenshot_20240214-191905_Chrome.jpg

The same Mike Katz who spent Monday saying there was no need to suspend Ali. So you can only conclude that he believes hearing offensive remarks is worse than making them.

2 hours ago, strichener said:

I am sure there is no link between these two statements.  

If you could just let me know what page on the 2019 manifesto the SNP proposed scrapping FPTP then I might reconsider my opinion.

I guess the SNP will have handed back any Short money the took from this undemocratic system?

Whilst I can't spot it in the 2019 manifesto, it is on the Constitution page on the SNP website

https://www.snp.org/our-vision/constitution/

We continue to work for democratic reform too. We believe that the House of Lords is an affront to democracy and should be abolished. We will continue to call for the first past the post voting system to be replaced at Westminster with proportional representation, so that every vote and every part of the country counts. We have already extended the franchise in Scottish and local elections to 16 and 17 year olds and will use new powers to protect the voting rights of EU citizens too.