What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

Labour 'will put Scotland at heart of government' - Anas Sarwar

A complete lie by Sarwar today 

No it won't,  it can't,  it must put the politics of the s east of england at heart

Not challenged by any journalists from what I've seen 

6 minutes ago, Binos said:

No it won't,  it can't,  it must put the politics of the s east of england at heart

Imagine actually, genuinely believing that 😅

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

The point is, just given a free ride by the press core

The same press core who just had a daily diet about WhatsApp for two weeks 

16 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Some will choose to believe it whilst at heart they know it's not true.

I did chuckle seeing the TV on this morning with sky news 'breaking news' Sarwar will disagree with Starmer 'at times' 🤣🤣

He'll do what he's told, same as Murphy, Lamont and all the others who I've forgotten.

21 hours ago, Binos said:

It's beyond tedious. Along with Abolish the House of Lords, Change is coming, etc. I'm actually losing the will to live...

On 13/02/2024 at 15:50, lichtgilphead said:

No we don't. We vote in 650 individual FPTP elections. Last time around, the Tories got 56.2% of the seats on 43.6% of the vote.

Westminster is undemocratic, and will remain so whilst FPTP decides the results.

In Europe, only the UK and *drumroll* Belarus adopt the FPTP system.

Please, anybody, spare the "we live in a free democracy" act. And for the record, I know all political parties have their faults and flaws, but anyone considering voting for *THIS* Labour party, you're so easily fooled. That conference over the weekend was an utter embarrassment. 

On 17/02/2024 at 21:58, Binos said:

He lied 2 days ago to Martin Geissler on BBC stating that Labour whips had discussed the SNP Gaza bill with the SNP whips.

He has been called out as a liar (Geissler hasnt followed it up) by the SNP, but it was brought up again today on BBC R4 by Steven Flynn who confirmed these conversations simply didnt happen.

Sarwar is a lapdog.

57 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

He lied 2 days ago to Martin Geissler on BBC stating that Labour whips had discussed the SNP Gaza bill with the SNP whips.

He has been called out as a liar (Geissler hasnt followed it up) by the SNP, but it was brought up again today on BBC R4 by Steven Flynn who confirmed these conversations simply didnt happen.

Sarwar is a lapdog.

Another scumbag Tory who should be in the Tory party.

Sarwar is an interesting politician.  Trying to reconcile the irreconcilable. Labour/Tory policies necessary to win in England that are at odds with what Scottish voters (in general) want.  Making claims about the Gaza vote that seems not to be true.  Apparently saying that he'd protect Scotland from his own party.  Silent on the existence of a legal route for the Scottish electorate to instigate independence.  Maybe time to try a "Dr Who" on him.

Don't you think he looks tired?

🤔😁

I see Labour are going to table an amendment to the SNPs HoC motion tomorrow on Gaza calling for an "immediate humanitarian ceasefire" - don't we already have that with the IDF insisting their targets are all military, sophistry from Starmer & Labour.

7 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Sarwar is an interesting politician.  Trying to reconcile the irreconcilable. Labour/Tory policies necessary to win in England that are at odds with what Scottish voters (in general) want.  Making claims about the Gaza vote that seems not to be true.  Apparently saying that he'd protect Scotland from his own party.  Silent on the existence of a legal route for the Scottish electorate to instigate independence.  Maybe time to try a "Dr Who" on him.

Don't you think he looks tired?

🤔😁

I find it mildly remarkable that the only major Scottish party leader educated at a state school is the Tory.  Trust no-one people.

57 minutes ago, Lukovic said:

Get them so far to f**k.

I don't think I've despised a group of politicians more.

I even voted for them under Corbyn as well.

Odious wankers. 

David Lammy on the radio there - basically being laughed at by an incredulous interviewer - attempting to take some fucking moral high ground from the SNP on a subject that Labour has wrapped itself in knots for 4 months about.

We are being asked to believe that "now is the time" for Labour and its got absolutely nothing to do with the SNP motion.

Wankers, utter wankers

12 hours ago, The Golden God said:

I fucking despise this guy, maybe even more than the Tories, at least they’re honest about being scum. He’ll get into power though purely because being an awful fucking person isn’t as bad as being an absolutely fucking awful person. 

Reminds me of a great Jim Cornette quote on a couple of the female wrestlers in the 90s - 

Sunny was great, she was an upfront cunt, she knew it so she was just a bitch to everyone.  Sable was an undercover cunt, she was a cunt to the other girls behind their back.