Sweden v Switzerland

Connor7

Hardly worth letting them take the free kick there. Shite game, but the slightly less shite team won. Swedens defence is a tremendously organised set up. I can see them beating either of their potential opponents.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Hip Priest said:

How long before one of the pundits says, "Nothing to fear here for England"... 

-90 minutes ago.

It's always disappointing to see the victors consoling their upset opponents. I'd like to see them laughing in their faces with a middle finger for added effect. 

1 minute ago, Hip Priest said:

How long before one of the pundits says, "Nothing to fear here for England"... 

They said it over-and-over .... and-over-and-over .... and over-and-fucking-over on Radio 5Live, Pat Nevin et al.

Absolutely disgraceful commentary IMO, occasionally they'd remember and add a wee 'or Columbia', but it was off the scale En-gur-lund !!

2 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Sweden, Finished 3rd 3 times, last 16 twice and now QF.... Population 9million

SFA get to f**k

They were runners up once.

ETA: It's an interesting point - you'd think that most of the excuses that we come up with for being shite could apply to them as well.

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

It's always disappointing to see the victors consoling their upset opponents. I'd like to see them laughing in their faces with a middle finger for added effect. 

I would have liked to have seen Lustig getting set aboot by the whole Swiss squad but we can’t always get what we want.

4 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Well, we haven't all relegated our greatest rivals...

16 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Watch him blow for full time as soon as the freekick is taken anyway.

Welsh ref Clive Thomas done that in the 1978 world cup game between Brazil and Sweden. Brazil took a corner and Thomas blew for full time while the ball was in the air.

Brazil ended put the ball in the net but Thomas refused to allow the goal having blown for full time.  I think only 8 seconds of injury time was played, anot utterly ludicrous decision.

That ended Clive Thomas as a world cup ref as he was never again selected for another game.

3 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I would have liked to have seen Lustig getting set aboot by the whole Swiss squad but we can’t always get what we want.

Disgusting anti-Celtic mentality IMO. 

Archived