Belgium v Brazil - Quarter final

banana

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Never more so that the England v Greece game when Beckham scored his free kick at the 263rd attempt.  They kept punting the ball to Shearer at the edge of the box so he could dive and Beckham take the free kick. Eventually it paid off and everything else is forgotten.

They seem to have reverted to similar tactics now with their new focus on set pieces (the only way they can score a goal tbf). The number of times Kane takes the ball in and shields it before crumpling to the ground at the first touch is ridiculous. 

3 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

That was ridiculous, I remember it well. Sheringham was the main culprit in that game though, was he not?

Aha. I knew the name began with Sh

They seem to have reverted to similar tactics now with their new focus on set pieces (the only way they can score a goal tbf). The number of times Kane takes the ball in and shields it before crumpling to the ground at the first touch is ridiculous. 
Kane not only takes the ball in and shields but also fouls and gets away with it.

Just now, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Brazil will be thinking they need a goal here.

Nah I think they're counting on Belgium being thrown out for fielding an ineligible player. Suspicions over their left back, Hidetoshi Yamamoto.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Ours? We have more than one?

Used to be Scotland the Brave, then changed to FoS some time in the 80s-90s.

Edit - it was Scotland the Brave at Euro 92

2 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Belgium are pumping Brazil in transitions. 

Brazil are walking past Belgium's right, but everywhere else is pretty compact. 

They need to play in the hole more and start getting the ball into areas.

Hopefully they will set their stall out like that from the start in the second half.

Archived