Bradford car-crash

this:

Four men have been killed in a car crash after being pursued by police in Bradford.

West Yorkshire police said the force had referred itself to the police watchdog over the incident, which happened at 5.30am on Thursday.

It was understood the BMW the men were travelling in was being followed by an unmarked police car at the time of the crash, the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) said. IOPC investigators were attending the scene to gather evidence, it said.

West Yorkshire police said: “Police can now confirm that four males who were in a car which was involved in a road traffic collision at 5.30am on Bingley Road at the junction with Toller Lane in Bradford this morning have died. 

“The road is currently closed and is likely to remain so throughout most of the day. Due to the nature of the incident it has been referred to the Independent Office for Police Conduct.”

Miranda Biddle, the IOPC regional director, said: “This is a most tragic incident and our sympathies are with the family and friends of those who have died.

why bother with the last sentence at this stage in proceedings ?

if they are shown to have been four blokes on the way home from the airport back from holiday, or out fetching a kebab and stuff, then fair enough, crack out the sad face emojis and hang any culpable plod out to dry, but if they were drug dealers waving handguns out the window of the car, a paedo grooming gang or driving away at speed from a location where a gang rape had been reported then f**k 'em - no ?

the tone of this and other reports also veers from saying that the car was "being followed" to the use of the words "chase" and "pursuit" which suggest entirely different scenarios

the pointless knee jerk reaction that it's a tragic accident resulting in the death of innocent folk - and the subsequent inference that the police are at somehow a fault, without virtually any of the facts being made available - seems to be a bit premature; there's absolutely no need for any judgmental comment one way or t'other...

i think my real gripe here is with the news media, who are just sensationalist wankers, scrabbling for click-bait - they could have opted for the softly softly approach and omitted that part of the quote entirely...

6 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

this:

if they are shown to have been four blokes on the way home from the airport back from holiday, or out fetching a kebab and stuff, then fair enough, crack out the sad face emojis and hang any culpable plod out to dry, but if they were drug dealers waving handguns out the window of the car, a paedo grooming gang or driving away at speed from a location where a gang rape had been reported then f**k 'em - no ?

the tone of this and other reports also veers from saying that the car was "being followed" to the use of the words "chase" and "pursuit" which suggest entirely different scenarios

the pointless knee jerk reaction that it's a tragic accident resulting in the death of innocent folk - and the subsequent inference that the police are at somehow a fault, without virtually any of the facts being made available - seems to be a bit premature; there's absolutely no need for any judgmental comment one way or t'other...

i think my real gripe here is with the news media, who are just sensationalist wankers, scrabbling for click-bait - they could have opted for the softly softly approach and omitted that part of the quote entirely...

I don't read it that way - it says "incident" not "accident" and surely the family and friends are considered to be innocent victims regardless of the situation? 

12 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

this:

I think you don't know what your gripe is, as there are too few facts - whether it was a chase or just surveillance; whether the polis caused the crash; what the people were suspected of doing; whether all of them were suspected of doing it; whether they were actually doing it; to what extent the media have spun things.

there's absolutely no need for any judgmental comment one way or t'other

:whistle

12 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

Obviously you're well informed about the individuals involved in this incident...  

I don't have to be.  The comments were related to the families and friends of those involved in the incident rather than the victims themselves.  And in any event,  even the victims are innocent until proven guilty as has been said before

20 hours ago, Herman Hessian said:

this:

What an absolute w****r.   Unless the four had committed a crime which you get executed for in the UK it's a fucking tragedy.  And guess how many crimes get you executed in the UK. Idiot.

1 hour ago, Peppino Impastato said:

What an absolute w****r.   Unless the four had committed a crime which you get executed for in the UK it's a fucking tragedy.  And guess how many crimes get you executed in the UK. Idiot.

so you think the degree of sympathy that should be afforded to the victims should be exactly the same if it was an armed gang fleeing from the police as if it was four lads back from holiday on an early morning flight who died in an unfortunate accident ?

and i'm the w****r ?

jesus....

5 hours ago, Herman Hessian said:

so you think the degree of sympathy that should be afforded to the victims should be exactly the same if it was an armed gang fleeing from the police as if it was four lads back from holiday on an early morning flight who died in an unfortunate accident ?

and i'm the w****r ?

jesus....

Did I say that you fkn clown?  Just shut up.

Archived