Partick VS Falkirk

Who will win?   

102 members have voted

1. 1. Winner.

• Partick
    • Falkirk
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/08/18 at 09:08

Btw see all this chat about Petra, the laddie has been hung out to dry so far in a 3 having to worry about covering back the way. He might well be shote but some of the abuse he took today was fucking embarrassing. Hes a winger. He needs to be running onto balls. If he got the service Russell was getting from Irving in the second half he would would look a different player I am sure.

f**k our support honestly. Call me a happy clapper all you want, some of the shouts today were utterly vile. If you picked out Irving or Froxy in the secomd half for example, just dont come back. You are a thick c**t.
Couldn't agree more about the support. Too many fans are absolutely Clueless

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The team's not shite, the way we played is shite. Hartley needs to smarten up quick as he is looking like he has lost it.  Our team collectively has less goals in the championship then Louis Longridge and up til the 90th minute, less goals than the half time crossbar challenge Thistle fan.

You could say the signings are too early judge, I disagree but i get the point.  What is certain though is he has taken the existing players and made them worse.  McGhee, Muirhead and can only assume Robson all worse than last season.  Based on two league performances, I'd wager that Joe McKee is our 2nd best midfielder we have behind Irving.

Total lack of leadership - the young Hearts 6 month loanee the only one taking a bit of responsibility.  Sammut looked lost, Turner looked terrible in league cup, Paton is no improvement on what we had last season and would like to congratulate Dylan Mackin on collecting enough tokens from Weetos cereal to win a professional football contract.

I usually hate this patter but you're absolutely frothing at the mouth due to a child shouting at you. 

While we’re on about this. I noticed four young Bairns fans, definitely no older than 16, get turned away by a p***k of a turnstile operator for not having ID to prove it.
FFS what are we doing to encourage young supporters when we’re trying to charge kids £20 a pop when it’s only £5 for kids entry?
At the end of the day if they did not pay the entry then Thistle lost out on the cash and probably they won’t come back.
Ridiculous.

Pains me but its not the team. Its Hartley. 

One thing I cant abide is a manager not learning his lesson. Thats two weeks in a row the obvious changes have resulted in a better second half. If we start like that again next week il be fucking seething.

TWO. UP. FRONT.

Thing is, if it’s only Hartley that’s the problem, we could see this being resolved in the few weeks when he comes to his senses.

To me I think we have a problem with the overall quality and experience of some of the players, and that’s somewhat more difficult to fix.

In saying that, Irving looks an outstanding prospect and I thought Harrison was a big improvement on last week. Pass marks too to Greenwood and Froxy.

Really concerned re the majority of the others.....

10 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

While we’re on about this. I noticed four young Bairns fans, definitely no older than 16, get turned away by a p***k of a turnstile operator for not having ID to prove it.
FFS what are we doing to encourage young supporters when we’re trying to charge kids £20 a pop when it’s only £5 for kids entry?
At the end of the day if they did not pay the entry then Thistle lost out on the cash and probably they won’t come back.
Ridiculous.

I tried to get in as a student with an ID that expired in 2013 with a photo from 2009. Yer man was diligent. 

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Thing is, if it’s only Hartley that’s the problem, we could see this being resolved in the few weeks when he comes to his senses.

To me I think we have a problem with the overall quality and experience of some of the players, and that’s somewhat more difficult to fix.

In saying that, Irving looks an outstanding prospect and I thought Harrison was a big improvement on last week. Pass marks too to Greenwood and Froxy.

Really concerned re the majority of the others.....

I think his recruitment has been woeful!

coupled with the fact that he's too expensive to bin and we've no academy any more, imho we won't see the top flight for a long long time.

2 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

The transition period could take a while but when you get an outball in Haber available things should pick up for you guys.

I'd agree with the above but Haber is injury prone and we will have to use what we had available today for 10 maybe more games a season and Haber isn't this amazing player more effective

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Btw see all this chat about Petra, the laddie has been hung out to dry so far in a 3 having to worry about covering back the way. He might well be shote but some of the abuse he took today was fucking embarrassing. Hes a winger. He needs to be running onto balls. If he got the service Russell was getting from Irving in the second half he would would look a different player I am sure.

Petra has started all our games so being hung out to dry doesn't wash with me, he can't control a ball, pass, beat a man which is kinda crucial to being a wide player, he is no better than Harris which was the remit 

1 hour ago, oot_the_loop said:

You could say the signings are too early judge, I disagree but i get the point.  What is certain though is he has taken the existing players and made them worse.  McGhee, Muirhead and can only assume Robson all worse than last season.  Based on two league performances, I'd wager that Joe McKee is our 2nd best midfielder we have behind Irving.

How many players are too early to judge ?

Fasan, Irving, Haber and Greenwood escape criticism as bar Fasan(harder to tell for goalies) all came in and kicked off on their debut and have shown they are capable of either skill and/or an effective streak in their game.

A lot of them to me are as I said weeks ago academy players which I'll give Elvis praise here in we had a spine in the team (McGovern Dods, Millar Farid) to bleed them when we had the sibbs, Fulton's, Mcgrandles, Kingsley etc

Time will tell if these players step up but the buck falls with the manager either signing them or his starting 11 / formations

I honestly can't believe we have swapped a 2yr contract Harris for a 2yr Petra

7 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I'd agree with the above but Haber is injury prone and we will have to use what we had available today for 10 maybe more games a season and Haber isn't this amazing player more effective

True, folks could be putting a lot on him judging the guy by his Dundee record.

The good: Chris Erskine- loves a goal against Falkirk and seemed to be on the Federer / Nadal juice to roll back the years. Slater looked very good further forward  (as this schlep predicted). Christie Elliott ran 25 yards across the park but it wasn't in his own 18 yard box. Spittal put a tackle in which means we're in Wizard of Oz territory. O'Ware will be fine

The bad: Sorry, but Storer is as good as a man short - happy to put £50 charity bet on him not being at PTFC come 1st February, he's like trying to play FIFA with the "fancy pass/ volley" button permanently held down, and for a guy of 20/21 years old his fitness is shite. McGinty did fine today but the lad Falkirk had up front was straight out the juniors and he'll continue to cause problems against people who can run. Miles Storey being offside (at least) 7 times in one game, maybe this is why we don't play him up front.

Serious note: Shea Gordon played 99% of the second half while heavily concussed, head injuries should have an independent judge, not a big fan of rugby but that's one of the things they have right.

The ugly: Paul Paton- as mentioned, got no reaction for 80 minutes then one chant turned him into a frothing mess, fist pumping at the JHS after conceding a throw in and shouting "fucking wanks". Was glad Slater squared up to him as I assume he took that personally. 

Also- well done to Callum Wilson- I asked earlier in the week on the Thistle thread why he hadn't been involved, but I can see now as he looked about 12 years old when he came on; but he made a great tackle at 2-1  off Irving then fed it to Fitzpatrick who ran 70 yards and  took it to the corner and killed a minute or so.

Archived