Partick VS Falkirk

Who will win?   

102 members have voted

1. 1. Winner.

• Partick
    • Falkirk
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/08/18 at 09:08

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Positives for Falkirk?

Harrison is looking like a good centre half. Likes a tackle, can pass a ball 40 yards.

Irving looks like he will be a great midfielder. Shame Hearts will take him back in January.

Good to see Froxylias on the pitch, lazy and slow, but he can pick out a pass and score the odd screamer.

Greenwood looks like he could develop into a good or very good winger on the left.

More importantly, this will hopefully be the end of the defensive shambles, even Hartley can surely see that we need to play fullbacks instead of centre halfs.

3 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Good to see Froxylias on the pitch, lazy and slow, but he can pick out a pass and score the odd screamer.

I've no idea when either of these guys joined up, but Mackin and Froxylias both looked significantly overweight. I thought Hartley had some kind of extreme fitness regime (not including him obvs), but it doesn't seem like it.

5 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

I've no idea when either of these guys joined up, but Mackin and Froxylias both looked significantly overweight. I thought Hartley had some kind of extreme fitness regime (not including him obvs), but it doesn't seem like it.

Froxylias looks fat, but he's mostly beard to be fair. He was out the team for a while, apparently injured, but was probably shipping extra sessions in the gym. Mackin I think is one of these guys that will always look chunky. There was talk of not playing anyone above a certain BMI, but that's a shitey metric anyway as it doesn't account for athletes extra muscle.

See, mostly beard. 

Screenshot_20180808-222726.jpg

10 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Harrison looked decent at winning the ball and stepping out of defence. Irving was comfortably our best player. Beyond that, I'm struggling for positives.

We might be an utter gang again this season. Buckle up. 

Think that ship has sailed. We are an utter gang.

And not The Warriors from Coney Island 

7 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Hartley completely cost us that game with his ridiculous team selection and formation in the first half. We still could and should have got a point out of that. Haber was a huge miss for us today, please please please say that that's 4-2-3-1 in the bin for the season 

giphy.gif

Falkirk were dreadful for at least an hour today. I've watched a team who have been dreadful for the best part of 18 months, so I have experience in teams who are rubbish and do not deserve to win football matches. Falkirk were nowhere near deserving a point from today's game.

That said... it's a team who still need to gel. Based on all the players who were playing quite blatantly out of position, it seems like Hartley has signed a bunch of guys and doesn't really know how or where they fit into his plans, and he maybe needs another few weeks to confirm that. The fact that he's now had 4 League Cup games and 2 Championship games and doesn't have a clue may be a worry, but there looks enough individual talent in that team to be alright, provided everyone ends up in their natural position and in a system that makes sense. Easier said than done, I suppose, but I'd hazard a guess that Falkirk will be alright this season.

From a Jags perspective, it was good to get a win on the board, and we definitely played better this week, but some of the deficiencies were still clear for all to see. Certain players completely ineffective, fading out of the game and under unnecessary pressure as it got nearer the end, and yet another late goal conceded. For all the talk through the week about players returning from suspension and injury, we still didn't name a full bench. 4 or 5 new names still an absolute must, and sooner rather than later.

37 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

giphy.gif

Falkirk were dreadful for at least an hour today. I've watched a team who have been dreadful for the best part of 18 months, so I have experience in teams who are rubbish and do not deserve to win football matches. Falkirk were nowhere near deserving a point from today's game.

That said... it's a team who still need to gel. Based on all the players who were playing quite blatantly out of position, it seems like Hartley has signed a bunch of guys and doesn't really know how or where they fit into his plans, and he maybe needs another few weeks to confirm that. The fact that he's now had 4 League Cup games and 2 Championship games and doesn't have a clue may be a worry, but there looks enough individual talent in that team to be alright, provided everyone ends up in their natural position and in a system that makes sense. Easier said than done, I suppose, but I'd hazard a guess that Falkirk will be alright this season.

From a Jags perspective, it was good to get a win on the board, and we definitely played better this week, but some of the deficiencies were still clear for all to see. Certain players completely ineffective, fading out of the game and under unnecessary pressure as it got nearer the end, and yet another late goal conceded. For all the talk through the week about players returning from suspension and injury, we still didn't name a full bench. 4 or 5 new names still an absolute must, and sooner rather than later.

Hartley will be out the door by the end of September if there's no improvement so he has to make them gel sharpish.

Guest Back Post Misses
Hartley will be out the door by the end of September if there's no improvement so he has to make them gel sharpish.

Lose to QOS it maybe August.

Will Dobbie bring his A game and the coffin with nails and a hammer?

Lose to QOS it maybe August.

Will Dobbie bring his A game and the coffin with nails and a hammer?

Can’t see us dropping Hartley before December unless there was an obvious replacement available (and I don’t mean Yogi).
Despite the reasons to be concerned, I think it’s a bit early for that conversation anyway. He got us out of the shit last season. Deserves a chance to improve on our dreadful start.

Can’t see us dropping Hartley before December unless there was an obvious replacement available (and I don’t mean Yogi).
Despite the reasons to be concerned, I think it’s a bit early for that conversation anyway. He got us out of the shit last season. Deserves a chance to improve on our dreadful start.
Wasn't there yesterday so can't comment on how we played but I feel Hartley needs to show the fans that he is learning from his mistakes regarding his team selections.

Needs to sort the defence out by playing either Russell or Robson at left back and play McGhee at right back or sign a recognised RB. Also we need our front men playing closer to each other.

I think he should be given time to sort things out.

Archived